Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If you have a room for quilting..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-you-have-room-quilting-t48436.html)

TexasGurl 06-07-2010 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by sandyl
If you have a designated room for quilting what color are your walls? I'm in the process of re=doing my room mostly because of the flooring. I have carpet in there now and want to go to hardwood or laminate. And I thought that before we do the floor, I will repaint. What color do you love for your room?
Sandy

I just redid my daughter's old BR for my new sewing room & painted it a very soft buttery yellow ... had to prime it well since it was a very deep PURPLE before !
I used Valspar - Creme Brulee (Lowe's) - trim is a creamy white. I love it !! :)

Shelia 06-07-2010 07:00 AM

My sewing room is a pale, pretty green, with accents ranging from pastels to brighter medium tones. I love it!!

IBQUILTIN 06-07-2010 10:13 AM

my room is constant coral, and Colonial Brick, with all the accesories in red. Any red goes well in there. The counter tops are a bluish granite. Love that room Its the only room in the house that isn't some shade of WHITE

dljennings 06-07-2010 01:28 PM

my sewing room is upstairs above the dining room. we have an old (circa 1738) cape, so the walls are only 4' tall then have the angled roof, complete with the antique beams & collar ties. i painted the walls a soft butter yellow, but have so many shelves etc in front of them, you can't see the paint.

the floors are the original wide pine boards, which sounds cooler than it is, they are pretty beat up. sometimes, if you drop a pin or needle, when you sweep the floor, you find it on the dining room table (usually in the winter when the wood shrinks)

dljennings 06-07-2010 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by MotherDuck
Here's my little piece of peace ... still sorting and tidying ... should be sewing! Luv all my little knick knacks - some very special ones on the shelf ... what colour are the walls (bit hard to see from all the stuff on them :) but it is a cream shade with brick feature walls - needed to be light to contrast with brick ... timber laminate floors which are fantastic! easy to pick up threads from - just got a mat at my cutting table - made with strips gathered by my ruffler and sewn to ticking background - very soft underfoot and fully washable!

love, love the door sign!!

sewingladydi 06-07-2010 01:39 PM

Mine is wallpaper-pale yellow background with peach & pink flowers that have blue leaves. Pretty feminine. I have blue carpet & valance.

colleen1978 06-07-2010 02:14 PM

My sewing room is painted a soft wisteria purple...of course you can't see much of it with the design wall, shelving, etc....

cbuchanan 06-07-2010 02:34 PM

I have a very soft buttercream (pale yellow) and I LOVE it. Very soothing to the eye.

MotherDuck 06-07-2010 04:15 PM

love, love the door sign!![/quote]

:) me too! Only closed when the airconditioner is on tho' - don't want to discourage all visitors - especially DH with my regular cuppa :)

cindyg19 06-07-2010 04:35 PM

Sandy, I have 3 walls that are apple green and one is yellow. I wanted color that would be stimulating.