Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   International Round Robin, Round 1, Everyone please read post on pg 35 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/international-round-robin-round-1-everyone-please-read-post-pg-35-a-t10421.html)

Butterflyspain 08-24-2008 06:58 AM

I was doing alright until the dog ran of with my black thread when it fell of the table. :evil: :evil: So I am off to the shops on Monday as well.

Elle

purplemem 08-24-2008 08:10 AM

Oh :evil:
I'm still waiting for my fabric order to get here. I found three or four patterns I like, and a couple of ideas.

How many WHAT SIZE BLOCKS FOR A 4-BLOCK CENTER?
I forgot already :roll:

AkAngel 08-24-2008 08:21 AM

Hi Joanne,
I just saw your post about teaching yourself to paper piece. I am in the same place right now. I picked up Carol Doake's dvd Teach me to Paper Piece.
She also has a group on yahoo that is very helpful and inspirational.
Muriel

Butterflyspain 08-24-2008 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Oh :evil:
I'm still waiting for my fabric order to get here. I found three or four patterns I like, and a couple of ideas.

How many WHAT SIZE BLOCKS FOR A 4-BLOCK CENTER?
I forgot already :roll:

Hi, well I think if your are going to have 4 blocks in the centre it has to measure up to 24 1/2 inches for your to send to the next person. So each block should be 6 1/8th inches. Not an even number. So just a suggestion make 4 x 5" blocks and then add a border of 2 1/4" around it.

Its up to you in the end how you do it as long as the finished block measure 24 1/2"m

All those who agree with me say YES. LOL

Elle

mary quite contrary 08-24-2008 11:12 AM

No. I think you are making it too hard. (Ask me how I know this)

1 block 24 inch finished

4 blocks = 12 inches finished. (The extra half inch comes from your seam allowance on each edge.

16 blocks = 6 inches finished. Again the extra half inch is your seam allowance on each edge.

Mary

Cordelia 08-24-2008 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Boy, I tell you. I have NO idea what I'm going to put together for a center piece.

But, for the alst Round Robin, I used this: (If anyone likes the idea, it was on Blocks Galore and is a 24" block. (All half square triangles. Get Thangles and make them PERFECT.)

I was looking at the Teddy Bear there (that's also 24") but was intimidated by it's four pages long and all the cutting and piecing and WOW! But, it's real cute.

Butterflyspain 08-24-2008 01:00 PM

You see Mary, you learn something new here every a question comes up.

I would have done it that way and been in trouble. :(

Thank you for your help

Elle

jstitch 08-25-2008 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
No. I think you are making it too hard. (Ask me how I know this)

1 block 24 inch finished

4 blocks = 12 inches finished. (The extra half inch comes from your seam allowance on each edge.

16 blocks = 6 inches finished. Again the extra half inch is your seam allowance on each edge.

Mary

Yes, this is correct... Great work Mary....

collettakay 08-26-2008 06:57 AM

I'm thinking about doing the Carpenter's Wheel Pattern (even before Cordelia suggested it lol). I just can't decide what colors to use. I just might have to make a special shopping trip. Hummm...

QuiltingTurtle 08-27-2008 05:37 AM

I am working on a funky (for me) center in EQ. This will be the first one i designed. As soon as I make a final decision I will post. My colors are black and brights (probably 3 different bright colors).