Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   International Round Robin, Round 1, Everyone please read post on pg 35 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/international-round-robin-round-1-everyone-please-read-post-pg-35-a-t10421.html)

tlrnhi 08-28-2008 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Terri, I love it, gorgeous. Good idea that, taping it to get the effect.

Are those the colours you are going to have? Oooops I looked again and those are the fabrics, it looked so perfect I thought it was paper. :oops:

Elle

Yes, those are the colors, except they are actually purple and not blue. Don't know why it came out blue.
Also, I forgot to invert the pieces, so everything is on the opposite side of what the picture shows. Guess that's what I get for really not paying attention and dealing with the cat at the same time.
But, I think it will be pretty.

purplemem 08-29-2008 12:41 AM

Terri,
This is really beautiful. Words cannot express how wonderful I think it is.

I started on my center today. I was intricately piecing a center that was 9 8-inch blocks and got pretty frustrated. I put it down and saw a beautiful panel (Gypsy by Benartex) online and ordered it today.
I may just use that for my center, it has wonderful color and originality.

We'll see.

Barb M 08-29-2008 12:53 AM

Wow Terri, your block is going to look gorgeous!!! :)

tlrnhi 08-29-2008 02:06 AM

Thanks all....now I just have to get it attached lol

Izy 08-29-2008 02:06 AM

Terri, that is gorgeous, I so like applique!! Can't wait to see all the quilts evolving :D

tlrnhi 08-29-2008 02:09 AM

Let's just hope I don't muck this up sewing it.
I should be in there doing that, but have been sitting outside chatting with Bill. :)

beachlady 08-29-2008 03:27 AM

Very nice Terri. The rest of you ladies need to hurry up and show us your centers!!!

sandpat 08-29-2008 04:33 AM

Somehow, I've been so busy that I haven't checked the "recent topics" and missed this thread until today- (smacking myself in the forehead)

I'm liking the centers so far- Judy, yours is beautiful (as expected), Terri, yours will be spectacular! I have mine cut out and it will be appliqued also for the 1st group. Maybe it will be closer to pic. stage this weekend and I'll post. The other center will be some applique on it also, I'm just waiting on a shipment of fabric to come in. So...now I'm off to get busy...worky, worky!!!

collettakay 08-29-2008 06:11 AM

Terri-I love, love, love your center!

I really want to learn to applique. It makes such beautiful projects. I'm afraid to try it out on my center though, so I'm just going to be piecing a block. I need to do some practice applique before I try anything too detailed! lol

tlrnhi 08-29-2008 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by collettakay
Terri-I love, love, love your center!

I really want to learn to applique. It makes such beautiful projects. I'm afraid to try it out on my center though, so I'm just going to be piecing a block. I need to do some practice applique before I try anything too detailed! lol

It's really not all that hard. I machine applique only because my hand sewing sucks! lol
You just have to take your time. My machine has a slow setting on it and that's the setting I use to sew my applique.