Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   iPad quilting apps (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ipad-quilting-apps-t85814.html)

MoMoSews 12-29-2010 01:00 PM

Good to know. My Ipad for my birthday is in transit as we speak or type :lol:

bjchad 12-29-2010 01:08 PM

I have a few quilting aps on my iPad. My favorite is quilting 101. It is a reader for video feeds from Leah Day on FMQ. She usually updates twice a week with a new tutorial video. Very inexpensive and fun to watch. I also use the block one mentioned earlier for inspiration. I have not tried the $30 one but would be interested in knowing about it if someone does decide to get it. The quilting 101 is under iPhone apps.

kristen0112 12-29-2010 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by bjchad
I have a few quilting aps on my iPad. My favorite is quilting 101. It is a reader for video feeds from Leah Day on FMQ. She usually updates twice a week with a new tutorial video. Very inexpensive and fun to watch. I also use the block one mentioned earlier for inspiration. I have not tried the $30 one but would be interested in knowing about it if someone does decide to get it. The quilting 101 is under iPhone apps.

That's what I purchased earlier today see my above post

gale 12-29-2010 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by kristen0112

Originally Posted by dmyers
i use the robert kaufman ap, be careful with the blockfab ap it's off in some calculations. but it's fun because it'll email the instructions.

Is that an iPad app? Or just something you use on the Internet?

I think it's quiltfab. I have that on my ipod touch.

kristen0112 12-29-2010 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by gale

i use the robert kaufman ap, be careful with the blockfab ap it's off in some calculations. but it's fun because it'll email the instructions.

Great! I will check on it

fatquarters 12-29-2010 02:20 PM

I have some of the free ones from iTunes . I haven't used them much and haven' t found them to be that helpful. Maybe I just gotta buy the big $ one. Sometimes you get what you pay for. Will be Waiting to hear is you found it useful

dmyers 12-29-2010 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by gale

There's two different apps block fab and quilt fab both by
Mary kay podlecki

gale 12-29-2010 03:06 PM

ah ok. I'll have to look for block fab too. I like the Kaufman one better than the quilt fab.

Gabrielle's Mimi 12-30-2010 04:05 PM

I was playing around with different apps and found "Jot! Free" which is free and fabulous for practicing your FMQ. It's like a white board with different colored markers. I was trying to make feathers and other types of FMQ and it's great...just erase your mistakes! Lots of fun.

hobo2000 12-30-2010 04:18 PM

I am waiting for mine to come, my DH and all 4 DS's went together and ordered it. It should be here tomorrow. I can't wait.