Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Irish Chain (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/irish-chain-t301119.html)

pmcfarlin 11-27-2018 11:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I tried a quadruple Irish chain, and I loved it. I made one for my friend also. I wouldn't mind doing a quintuple one, such a possibility of various colors and textures. Here's my first try. I just sent it to be quilted today.

charity-crafter 11-28-2018 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard (Post 8166559)
I just put the first border on the Starred Double Irish Chain that Piecing The Past Stitchers just finished as a block of the week. It was my first Irish Chain and now I can cross that one off my list. Not sure if I'll make another, not for a while anyway. [ATTACH=CONFIG]604431[/ATTACH]

I love it. Can you share the link to the pattern?

Judith1005 11-28-2018 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by pmcfarlin (Post 8167777)
I tried a quadruple Irish chain, and I loved it. I made one for my friend also. I wouldn't mind doing a quintuple one, such a possibility of various colors and textures. Here's my first try. I just sent it to be quilted today.

Omg, your are making an excellent case for a triple. Your fabric choices are absolutely perfect. This quilt sings. Thanks for sharing your lovely. I love it!!!

wesing 11-28-2018 05:22 PM

I like the triple, especially if the fabrics are light/medium/dark of the same color.

Iceblossom 11-28-2018 06:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, if the pictures work, here's my St Patricks Day Triple Irish Chain top. I'm making a series of quilts for me, a themed one for each month of the year. The Black border print is what sold me on this idea for my March quilt. You can't see it well but both the white and the black "solids" have tone on tone shamrocks. The bottom picture shows the backing fabric and the binding (made from the green dots). I have an all over shamrock panto for the bed of the quilt and/or a smaller design for the border.

jclinganrey 11-28-2018 06:18 PM

I vote for the Double Irish Chain because I find it more visually appealing and not overwhelming like the TIC.

Will be looking for lots of pics!

Judith1005 11-28-2018 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom (Post 8168274)
Ok, if the pictures work, here's my St Patricks Day Triple Irish Chain top. I'm making a series of quilts for me, a themed one for each month of the year. The Black border print is what sold me on this idea for my March quilt. You can't see it well but both the white and the black "solids" have tone on tone shamrocks. The bottom picture shows the backing fabric and the binding (made from the green dots). I have an all over shamrock panto for the bed of the quilt and/or a smaller design for the border.

Iceblossom, this is gorgeous. I love all the greens you chose to work with. And, I can see why the borders print was your inspiration. It is a really great print. Thank you for sharing your "pretty". I love it.