Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ironing board that does not wobble (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ironing-board-does-not-wobble-t66662.html)

costumegirl 09-25-2010 06:05 AM

The Reliants are really expensive and range from $200 - $250. They are supposed to be the Cadillacs of all ironing boards. - way out of my budget.

amandasgramma 09-25-2010 06:51 AM

Years ago I complained about that. DH bought some PVC piping that just fit over the feet of a board like yours. He extended the feet "out" further....it worked!!! Oh, also, use a level and make sure the floor is level....!!!

laureneberhard 09-25-2010 07:10 AM

Mine used to wobble until a made a 'quilters ironing surface' with a piece of plywood, batting and a cover. Set it on top of the wobbler and the extra weight seems to have done the trick. I also like the idea of making the legs longer for more stability.

BellaBoo 09-25-2010 08:32 AM

I bought a super size ironing board at Walmart. It has the four individual legs and it never wobbles. It has a rack underneath it and a iron caddy on the end. It takes up more room then the average board though. I noticed it was $47 just last week at Walmart.

costumegirl 09-25-2010 09:46 AM

Bella - That like a reasonable one to buy!

Char 09-25-2010 10:11 AM

Hi Bella,
That sounds like the one I got at Costco. Don't you just love it? Never thought I would be so attached to an ironing board!!

quiltin chris 09-25-2010 10:20 AM

I have an old ironing board with really wide feet.
Then I bought a Polder Iron Rest and attached to the end. That way the iron doesn't ever have a chance to get knocked off or get wobbled off the end.

My husband also made a Big Board that sits on top of my ironing board. Sure makes ironing yardage a lot easier.
And the Big Boards sell for about $100.00 + shipping so that's why he made me one.

Chris

MommaDorian 09-25-2010 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by quiltin chris
I have an old ironing board with really wide feet.
Then I bought a Polder Iron Rest and attached to the end. That way the iron doesn't ever have a chance to get knocked off or get wobbled off the end.

My husband also made a Big Board that sits on top of my ironing board. Sure makes ironing yardage a lot easier.
And the Big Boards sell for about $100.00 + shipping so that's why he made me one.

Chris

I'd love to see pics of your big board version. Can you share pics?

Scissor Queen 09-25-2010 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by chamby
I would like some ideas on a good ironing board that does not wobble when you are ironing. I am so tired of trying not to let my iron wobble off the ironing board. Anyone else have this problem. Please help.

Look for a board with this style of feet. They're a lot more stable.

this is a board from Target
[ATTACH=CONFIG]90755[/ATTACH]

MinnieKat 09-25-2010 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by judy_68
I have a very old wooden iron board. I love it. It seems to have more support than the newer ones. I also have capet in my sewing room so if it wobbles I don't notice.
Judy in Ohio

When I moved to my new house a year and a half ago I thought I would get a new ironing board ... so I got one of the cheapy ones from Target. I HATE it! Much too wobbley ... so I got my old wooden one back. It must be an antique by now, it was my mom's.