Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ironing board that does not wobble (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ironing-board-does-not-wobble-t66662.html)

carrieg 09-25-2010 01:29 PM

It's pretty funny that at the bottom of page 1 there's an advertisement for ironing boards!

skydiver70 09-25-2010 02:31 PM

Yes, I have destroyed more irons by having them wobble off the ironing board. I use a really nice ironing board that my MIL purchased at Sears, but over the years it has gotten like me a little wobbly. Can't afford another right now, but sure would like to stop the wobble. LOL

I have one of Mama's, that is very old, but I am so tall, I can't bend over that long to use it. It doesn't adjust. Mama was shorter, but I'm almost 6 ft.

Sadiemae 09-25-2010 02:48 PM

I bought my large ironing board from Costco and I love, love, love it!

costumegirl 09-25-2010 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by quiltin chris
I have an old ironing board with really wide feet.
Then I bought a Polder Iron Rest and attached to the end. That way the iron doesn't ever have a chance to get knocked off or get wobbled off the end.

My husband also made a Big Board that sits on top of my ironing board. Sure makes ironing yardage a lot easier.
And the Big Boards sell for about $100.00 + shipping so that's why he made me one.

Chris

Chris - Could you post a pic and explain what your DH did to make the Big Board?

Sadiemae 09-25-2010 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by costumegirl

Originally Posted by quiltin chris
I have an old ironing board with really wide feet.
Then I bought a Polder Iron Rest and attached to the end. That way the iron doesn't ever have a chance to get knocked off or get wobbled off the end.

My husband also made a Big Board that sits on top of my ironing board. Sure makes ironing yardage a lot easier.
And the Big Boards sell for about $100.00 + shipping so that's why he made me one.

Chris

Chris - Could you post a pic and explain what your DH did to make the Big Board?

If you do a search there are several pictures of Big Boards and I remember a couple that explained how they made theirs.

martha jo 09-25-2010 04:54 PM

Mine looks somewhat like the one pictured only heavier and has a long wire shelf below inbetween the feet. No wiggle at all. It is wider too. I was told it was from Germany when I ordered it years ago.

Aussie Quilter 09-26-2010 01:42 AM

OK, mine is like yours but about 30 years old, and SOLID. What I do is to turn the board around and iron on the wide end, and put the iron on the narrow end. Trousers are a lot easier to iron this way too, because you have twice the width to work on.

Linda58 09-26-2010 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by chamby
I would like some ideas on a good ironing board that does not wobble when you are ironing. I am so tired of trying not to let my iron wobble off the ironing board. Anyone else have this problem. Please help.

I have the same one you have and I hate it!! I guess it's time to start looking for another one.

chamby 09-26-2010 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by chamby
I would like some ideas on a good ironing board that does not wobble when you are ironing. I am so tired of trying not to let my iron wobble off the ironing board. Anyone else have this problem. Please help.

Look for a board with this style of feet. They're a lot more stable.

Thanks scissors queen. I just bought this one yesterday. DH did not quite understand why I needed another ironing board when nothing was wrong with the one we had. But I bought it anyway.

costumegirl 09-26-2010 04:27 AM

Chamby - my DH would react the same way. LOL!! He just shakes his head when I come up with ideas. Guess I better get him working on making a Big Board.