Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, February 17, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/its-virtual-quilt-day-today-sunday-february-17-2013-a-t214057.html)

Raggiemom 02-17-2013 10:23 AM

Well, I have the Christmas quilt top done. It was going to be a twister quilt but I like the way the 10" blocks look right now so it might just stay that way! Will post pictures later when I get a few other things done. Sounds like people are getting a lot done so far.

Theodora 02-17-2013 10:24 AM

Good morning and happy quilting day! I'm working on the strips I prepared yesterday to make a hobo-style bag. First I have to sew batting inside all these "tubes."

Chasing Hawk 02-17-2013 10:25 AM

I will be in the Annex today.

This week is quilt all the quilts I am working on for my son and his family. I started last night and will finish up Sayra's today. Then start on either Koressa's or Darrien's after that.

happylab 02-17-2013 10:34 AM

Good afternoon everyone. I finished one block of my swap blocks. Only 15 more to go. But not today.
Today I will square Up and put the binding on a Dallas cowboy quilt for a friend. Then I want to get a baby quilt set up for quilting. Then I will make as many blocks as I can for another friend's quilt. That should take me to the end of my sewing time for today.

thimblebug6000 02-17-2013 10:52 AM

Working on machine quilting a care quilt, hope to get the binding machine stitched on & will finish that by hand later. Will decide what my next project will be once I get to that point. Nice to see everyone working away, looking forward to pictures later.

GailG 02-17-2013 10:55 AM

Back from Mass and then a pizza buffet. Now will get into my sewing room to do a little purging to make room for quilty things. It's a multi-purpose room -- very cluttered with scrapbooking, home office, storage, and sewing. The room is much too small for any of this, so will take things out today -- focusing on Christmas decorations, etc. Can use the closet space for fabric still in bags and storage boxes. Feel like I'm hanging out my dirty laundry by saying this online.:o Last week purged out the scraps of batting and friends' scraps from purging HER sewing stash. These were sent to a friend who makes things for the humane society. So I'll be thinking about all of the pretties that you are all making while I'm deep in my clutter.

BTW, it's too beautiful a sun shiny day to be stuck in a cluttered room and closet. But c'est la vie!

nhweaver 02-17-2013 11:02 AM

Got the wonky log cabin quilt blocks top sewn together, yeah!! Only 5 years old. Just washed the border material, will finish this one this week. Now will start on the batik gemstones quilt for dgd's college grad.

DonnaR 02-17-2013 11:07 AM

Hi All you Virtual Quilters

Hi I'm Donna from Indiana and I am working for the Chain of Stars Mystery Quilt from Craftsy. I am not very far, I am only on Clue 2. I hope to get through Clue 3 today. Good luck with your projects.

cowgirlquilter 02-17-2013 11:16 AM

Happy quilting!! I will be working on grandsons Christmas gift...a really cute quilt with dog faces, and scrappy blocks, and I am so excited!! More info later!!!!!!

meldmac 02-17-2013 11:16 AM

Well tried to get some paper piecing done but ended up making to many mistakes so gave up. Will try again later.