Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, February 17, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/its-virtual-quilt-day-today-sunday-february-17-2013-a-t214057.html)

Teeler 02-17-2013 12:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow, some great projects going on today! I'm working on my first half log cabin (finally found the real name of the pattern)...designed by DS. Yes, got a few puckers, but oh well. I'm SURE I'll not have any next time because I just got a new cutting table, and that will SURELY eliminate any wonky cutting- right? LOL. (Pix of the table are posted in the Mission: Organization board today). At any rate, I'm liking how this is turning out, and in between homework, I'll cut the black borders for it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]395837[/ATTACH]

nhweaver 02-17-2013 12:41 PM

Great colors in this half log.

Originally Posted by Teeler (Post 5868277)
Wow, some great projects going on today! I'm working on my first half log cabin (finally found the real name of the pattern)...designed by DS. Yes, got a few puckers, but oh well. I'm SURE I'll not have any next time because I just got a new cutting table, and that will SURELY eliminate any wonky cutting- right? LOL. (Pix of the table are posted in the Mission: Organization board today). At any rate, I'm liking how this is turning out, and in between homework, I'll cut the black borders for it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]395837[/ATTACH]

grann of 6 02-17-2013 12:53 PM

Great job, everyone! I am quilting the 2nd QFK on the embroidery machine using a quilting design from Amazing Designs. Takes about 5 minutes a block counting hooping, but it looks nice, and I have it down to a science now. Have to post pics on the upstairs computer, so will do that later.

jtquilts 02-17-2013 01:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just loooooove looking at the projects everyone is working on! I am working on an ongoing hand quilting project.

grann of 6 02-17-2013 01:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the first Quilt for Kid, quilted plain. [ATTACH=CONFIG]395846[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]395847[/ATTACH]

petthefabric 02-17-2013 01:19 PM

Hi everyone. Looks like a lot of progress has already happened. Out here on the West coast it's 1:16 pm. Home from church, had lunch & my quilting buddy is just arriving. So we're just getting started. Plan to finish (binding, label & pocket) on a commission quilt. Then add more quilting and embellishment to a poinsettia that's already sold. Will post pics later.

QuiltingVagabond 02-17-2013 01:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are the fruits of my labors - 96 flying geese!! And the block they will eventually become...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]395850[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]395851[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]395853[/ATTACH]

DogHouseMom 02-17-2013 01:27 PM

ugh!! Disgusted with the progress of my lone star. Brain/finger/fabric coordination just no cooperating well enough to tackle this task today. Will re-think my processes with this one ..... another day.

Soooooo ... I'm going to work on boom blocks instead.

nhweaver 02-17-2013 01:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got alot accomplished today, even with all the distractions. love seeing all the projects we are working on. Accomplished Creative geniuses - applause, applause. I finished the wonky log cabin top, washed the fabric for the border, and sewed 12 out of the 16 strips for my gemstone quilt. I was seranaded by the snores of my DH as he watched U-tube downstairs.

Theodora 02-17-2013 01:33 PM

OK, my hobo bag tubes are ready to zig-zag together right after lunch! Everyone is doing so much today that I just can't wait to see what you finish next.