Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, January 20, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/its-virtual-quilt-day-today-sunday-january-20-2013-a-t211464.html)

qltgrose 01-20-2013 08:58 PM

Awwww Shoot, I missed it! Do you do these regularly? Can I get advance notice of the upcoming day?
Thanks

petthefabric 01-20-2013 09:12 PM

Yesterday, when I saw this, I knew I wanted to take part in it. However, I wasn't sure I'd have any time. I finished the quilting on my LA and took the quilt off the frame. Fixed an error and trimmed it. Didn't have enough left of any of the fabrics in the quilt for the binding. Then called Judi and she was so excited she invited us to dinner ("drop everything and get over here") and we found fabric in her stash for binding. Since I'm leaving tomorrow early, she's going to put on the binding and when we get to Ontario for Road, we'll hand stitch together. She's thrilled with her new queen size quilt and it sure perks up her room. Forgot to take a picture.

KarenK 01-20-2013 09:22 PM

Thank you, Rachel!

February 17th is already marked on my calendar.

athenagwis 01-21-2013 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by qltgrose (Post 5801431)
Awwww Shoot, I missed it! Do you do these regularly? Can I get advance notice of the upcoming day?
Thanks

Awww yes the day is over now. :) We do them monthly, but we stopped for the holidays. Our next one will be February 17, so mark your calendar!! And hopefully someone will remind me too. I tend to forget the date as the month progresses. :) :) :)

Cheers!
Racehl

QuiltnNan 01-21-2013 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x (Post 5801366)
QuiltnNan, I love your hearts!

I finished one of the wall hangings. Yay for me! :D The other one just needs the binding and that will be easy to do tomorrow. This has been a lot of fun today!

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...allhanging.jpg

thanks, quilterx. and i love your shamrocks... they're my next project. i saw your quilting template earlier and thought it was a clever idea. turned out really great.

minstrel 01-21-2013 04:37 AM

I'm a day late! I really needed the boost, too. I have a Christmas (yes, Christmas!) quilt that needs binding and I have just been completely unmotivated to go work on it because my machine messed up (my fault - knew she's picky when anything changes and I forgot to check) and I had to pick out half a quilt's worth of quilting. Soured me on this particular quilt. Can anyone relate? And then I have an old Singer Touch n Sew machine in a cabinet that my cousin's 11yo daughter wants and I finally dug it out of my quilt room and got it in my truck to take it to her - 2 hours away - and all the junk that was stored under it is tumbled out on the floor. :-/ I'm gonna pick myself up, dust myself off and force myself to work on the room and quilt...today...maybe, lol.

Yarn or Fabric 01-21-2013 05:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Is it too late to say what I did yesterday?
I helped a friend baste a quilt... began to brainstorm on a better way to baste quilts in the future... I'm devising a device :D
Then I finally finished piecing my paper pieced dragon quilt that I started last spring (no, haven't been working on it all this time. It was my backup project for when I didn't have anything else going on) It feels sooooo good to have finished piecing this! Next Sunday I'm going to quilt it... I have a bit of paper removal to do first.. I'll get to that this week... :D
I did post over in the pictures section but wanted to share here :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]389679[/ATTACH]

MaryAnnMc 01-21-2013 05:58 AM

That's an incredible quilt!! Love that dragon, and the knight is great, too.

deedum 01-21-2013 06:18 AM

I did it, I got in my sewing room late, but did get some things accomplished. So thanks for the boost.

nhweaver 01-21-2013 06:42 AM

I enjoyed working with you all yesterday, the photos posted make me feel like I know you better. Great quilting - everyone. You all inspired me, I can't wait til we meet again. I will be there On February 17.