Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, January 20, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/its-virtual-quilt-day-today-sunday-january-20-2013-a-t211464.html)

grann of 6 01-20-2013 06:42 AM

Taking a break from quilting a QFK that I almost forgot about. Nothing to take a pic of yet. Will post when I finish. How is everyone doing?

GingerK 01-20-2013 06:54 AM

Hi all. I didn't think I could join you today because we were planning on driving into the city for DGD's fourth birthday party. But we woke up to howling winds and snow. There are wind and snow squall advisories for our area, on the weather channel, and we have decided to stay home. DGD was not expecting us so will not be disappointed and honestly, I was NOT looking forward to a couple of hours at Chucky Cheeze with half a dozen screaming rug rats!!

I have been working on some oriental fabric blocks. Very simple really,each row is just two 3 inch squares and 1 3x5.5 inch rectangle with black sashing between each one. 4 rows laid alternately in each block again with sashing between each row. Everything is cut except for the sashing. I am planning on using the blocks for the alternate side of a reversible quilt.

Today I hope to complete 12 blocks.

tatavw01 01-20-2013 07:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I will be working on some blocks I got back in 2005, yes 2005. I only have one hand to work with, my left hand is in a case. Going to do the best I can. Don't know why this pix posted? twice sorry

nhweaver 01-20-2013 07:01 AM

Pictures ready anyone? I have a stack to be ironed, my dreaded part of quilting.

nhweaver 01-20-2013 07:02 AM

Oh, my, what happened. Love the pink wrap.

Julie R 01-20-2013 07:03 AM

I'll be working on hand quilting the borders on my flannel dog quilt (not for the dog, but has dog appliques on it). With temps in the 20's today a flannel quilt sounds nice and toasty! :)

noveltyjunkie 01-20-2013 07:08 AM

You are inspiring me. I really need to decide how to quilt a 42x42 inch top I have finished, and then I need to get on and DO it! For now I am still looking for quilting ideas.....

Furball 01-20-2013 07:10 AM

I'm taking a break -- finished about 1/3 of my FMQ on a Linus quilt. Wonderful luck, my bobbin ran out eaxactly as I reached the edge of the quilt to finish a row. :)

Now back to mark the next row.

scisyb220 01-20-2013 07:19 AM

You have all inspired me to participate! I have so many UFOs to work on--what to do, what to do? I will post some pics later of what I actually got done, but I will definitely be in my sewing room today. I WANT to work on putting together my DD's QAYG squares I have done but need to assemble into the top, I want to work on a mini quilt for my guild's silent auction, and would LOVE to get some work done on a strip-pieced purse for me. Whew, that's a lot of sewing! I better get busy! :-)

MarieM 01-20-2013 07:32 AM

I have a few more household chores to do, hope to hit my sewing room at 8:45 MST. I have a quilt I'm going to practice my FMQ'ing on. If it turns out decent I'll be giving it to my "grand niece" for her birthday next month. That means I'll be completing a UFO and have a birthday gift done!!!