Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, January 20, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/its-virtual-quilt-day-today-sunday-january-20-2013-a-t211464.html)

bunniequilter 01-20-2013 07:32 AM

My goal for today is to get to work and work my full shift without coming home early so I can quilt. Would really love to stay home and quilt along with the rest of you but sadly I cant. I have to wait till Wednesday for my quilt day. Have fun everyone will check after work and see all the wonderful quilting!

nycquilter 01-20-2013 07:35 AM

whew. I just finished the quilting of the quilt, achieving 1/2 my goal--now, DH woke and we'll have breakfast. Then, back to take the quilt off the machine and bind it. I prepped the binding last week. Maybe, I'll even be able to start a baby quilt for my DH's business partner's son and DIL who are having a girl any day now.

Later....

BTW, I love the pics of projects being worked on. What a creative group we are. And productive too! 8^))

LTeachergeorge 01-20-2013 07:39 AM

I'm off to a little later start than I had planned, but I am definitely IN! My goals are 1) piece my first BOM for the year 2) pull out one from last year and piece it (I"m 6 months behind there) 3) make 3 pillowcases -- one for DGD and 2 for cousin who has the matching quilt 4) cut and piece sashings for Ėmma's Star -- HST stars in the cornerstones of sashing. I'll check back later -- Everyone, have a very productive day!

Linda in Missouri

ube quilting 01-20-2013 07:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my center done. Just a little trepidation when unsewing and resewing all the bias edges but it is working okay. woopie! now for the corners.

having trouble adding pic. Will only add as an edit?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]389349[/ATTACH]

mtngrl 01-20-2013 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO (Post 5799045)
Just having a tipple after mu midday meal with a few blocks of chocolate. Project so far half finished.

I like this, I've never tried reverse applique. Very nice!! I might have to do some of this too!

athenagwis 01-20-2013 07:53 AM

Wowee!! I am tired just from ready everyone's goals!! Y'all are getting stuff done!! This is so great! :) :) I cannot wait to hear the updates! :)

Cheers!
Rachel

thimblebug6000 01-20-2013 07:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I'm a little later than planned, it's almost 8 am & I'm having my first coffee. The police woke us last night because they had been chasing someone & had a 4 car accident right out side our place, and we didn't hear a thing! However they are back out there measuring etc. this morning with the crumpled vehicles still in place & the road closed off so good thing I planned to spend the day at home sewing!
My DD asked me to make baby quilts for her friend who is having twins, she chose the fabrics & I have sewn the tops. The pattern is All in a Row by Leni Levenson Wiener from the 3-fabric quilts book. I hope to get the "boy" one quilted today & maybe get the "girl" one sandwiched. I have the first strip of gold paper already pinned on so will draw out the others once I stitch this. Look forward to popping in through out the day to see how everyone is doing, thanks for hosting this again!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]389360[/ATTACH]

mtngrl 01-20-2013 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by kristakz (Post 5799180)
I sewed all day yesterday, in anticipation of today. I finished the last block for my Dancing with the Stars BOM, so today I hope to get the blocks put together into a top. Borders are next month. But yesterday I worked on my "ugly fabric" challenge for my guild. 7 ugly fabrics (in the eyes of the original owners, anyway) to make into a crib size or smaller quilt. The whole thing is on my design wall, taking up every inch of space - so I've been working at it even thought it's not due until June. No pattern - just cutting background half-hexagons & diamonds to fit the spaces. I don't expect to finish today, but hopefully lots more progress.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]389339[/ATTACH]

Cute idea, I've never seen this one. I'd love to see it when it's finished!

mtngrl 01-20-2013 07:58 AM

Ok Ladies, I'd decided to quilt today so would love to join. I have a bit of hand quilting to do, then attach the borders to my quilt as you go quilt. Hopefully, I'll get them all on and be ready to start the binding by the end of the day.

It's -30C here with -40 windchill, I had to get the oven on because it makes me feel warmer. A good way to fix my chocolate craving, I have brownies baking :)

franc36 01-20-2013 08:10 AM

I thought that today would be the first VQD that I would miss. I was quite ill all last night. Finally, I am feeling better. I'm going to sit in my easy chair and work on red work embroidery for a quilt I am making for my granddaughter for Valentine's Day 2014. It is not what I had planned for today; but it is something that I can do to work with all of you. I'm so glad I won't miss out on the entire day.