Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I've lost a block. How can this happen? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ive-lost-block-how-can-happen-t307131.html)

Tartan 09-27-2019 05:05 AM

Ha! I see your one block and raise you one whole lap quilt top! I’ve looked everywhere I think it could be for a month. Lovely blocks!

Snooze2978 09-27-2019 05:25 AM

Could it have dropped behind your machine? Am teaching a neighbor how to make a simple quilt and we were missing some sections of her blocks. Found they had slipped behind the machine.

sewingitalltogether 09-27-2019 05:47 AM

Love your quilt!! Beautiful. And yes. I spend a lot of time looking for things. But I don't actually lose things. I just can't find them. I actually have a list of things I can't find. It's there. Right in front of your eyes. I usually check every room in the house, in case I took it somewhere. But most often I find things right in my sewing room. On the floor, under a pile of scraps. On the bookshelf. Etc. Don't make another one.

Still Sew N 09-27-2019 06:10 AM

My dog has not been to your house! Swear!

thimblebug6000 09-27-2019 06:44 AM

Beautiful work! The "lost" block will make a great label when you find it.

I lost a block when I was using my front deck to lay the blocks out to rearrange. A strange little twister came in and twirled a few blocks straight up in the air. I grabbed at them and thought I had them all, but later that day my neighbour knocked on the door and said he thought he had something of mine....weird....one of my blocks had swirled down into his fishpond. I wrote on the quilt block...... "Twisted & Turned...She thought I was gone.... I turned up in the neighbour's pond! "

amyjo 09-27-2019 06:51 AM

garbage can? With the scraps? I’ve had several go that route

bearisgray 09-27-2019 06:52 AM

Did you count wrong?

ThreadHead 09-27-2019 07:01 AM

yep, look on your quilting board. I bet there are two stuck together. Let us know. lol

Iceblossom 09-27-2019 07:52 AM

Most of the time it's my fault. But my husband has selective hearing. So when my computer is dying and I say "I don't care about anything except the quilting directory" he saves everything except the quilting directory... Or when we were getting ready for a visit from his mom, I told him I didn't want the rejected blocks from my cat block swap to go to the storage unit. I wasn't alarmed at first that I couldn't find them, I wanted to use them in the back of the quilt. But time went on. And on. And finally I finished the top and so immediately after finishing it we closed out the storage locker and guess where that stack of blocks was?

So that's the trick. Make a replacement block and then turn around and the missing one will fall on your head.

Cheshirepat 09-27-2019 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt (Post 8306490)
Do you have a cat?

Ha! That was my thought...or a mischievous doggie!