Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janome 6600 birdsnest HELP!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janome-6600-birdsnest-help-t32353.html)

Skeat 12-29-2009 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mamagus

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I have read about the bobbin case. Too bad you can't use the automatic thread cutter when you are using it. I

I haven't read that! I've been using the thread cutter and didn't notice a problem.... hmmmm...

Same here...I always use my thread cutter;)LOL

janieb 12-29-2009 05:52 AM

I too have a 6600. I bought a new throat plate that has a single hole and that solved my problem. My biggest complaint is the tags of thread left after you cut the thread.

Rudy 12-29-2009 06:43 AM

I also have a Janome 6600 set up on a New Joy frame. I know that is different than free motion without a frame, however I will get birdsnests when I don't put the presser foot lever down before I sew. After I have picked it all out, I rethread the machine (with the presser foot up). It seems to be very important to thread with the foot up, but be sure to put it back down before you free motion.

I also have trouble with eye lashes. I find that if I can keep a steady motion, no jerking, I do better. But it also seems that it is when I move left instead of right. I am working on that issue.

watterstide 12-29-2009 06:51 AM

i think you get more wasted thread when you don't use the cutter..I still would not trade my 6600 for any other machine on the market..i love her..

wendiq 12-29-2009 07:24 AM

Lisa, I have the 6600, but I do not know about this "special bobbin". Can you tell me more? Thank you. I do some FMQ and only once in a while, get the lashes. Not sure why. I rethread and slow down which helps. Sometimes, it's walk away for a few hours......LOL!

Nancy in Louisiana 12-29-2009 08:11 AM

I also love my 6600 -- even more than my microwave!!! I was thinking of trading her in for a 11000SE, but found out it still can do things the 11000 can't. Only had the take-up lever problem once. I've been procrastinating FMQ, but want to move on to it. Am also interested in hearing about the "special bobbin".

peabee 12-29-2009 08:20 AM

i am happy with my 6600, also. i think there'll be something with all machines, something a little better, a little worse than another. i would like to know more about the special bobbin case, also. do any of you 6600 owners use the prewound bobbins with the cardboard sides? what do you think of them?

lisalovesquilting 12-29-2009 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by wendiq
Lisa, I have the 6600, but I do not know about this "special bobbin". Can you tell me more? Thank you. I do some FMQ and only once in a while, get the lashes. Not sure why. I rethread and slow down which helps. Sometimes, it's walk away for a few hours......LOL!

There is a bobbin case you can purchase made for FMQ. It looks just like the other one except there is a blue mark instead of red. Be sure to change back to the regular case when piecing. I made the mistake of piecing with the FMQ case and ruined it.

lisalovesquilting 12-29-2009 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Rudy
I also have a Janome 6600 set up on a New Joy frame. I know that is different than free motion without a frame, however I will get birdsnests when I don't put the presser foot lever down before I sew. After I have picked it all out, I rethread the machine (with the presser foot up). It seems to be very important to thread with the foot up, but be sure to put it back down before you free motion.

I also have trouble with eye lashes. I find that if I can keep a steady motion, no jerking, I do better. But it also seems that it is when I move left instead of right. I am working on that issue.

Rudy, What is a New Joy Frame :?:

wendiq 12-29-2009 08:32 AM

Thank you, Lisa. One more question.......where can I get one of these bobbins......can I do it online as I don't have a Janome dealer close to me. Does it have a Number of Name?