Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janome vs. Brother (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janome-vs-brother-t152118.html)

Dolphyngyrl 09-12-2011 04:01 AM

I love my brothers. Are you talking about the large one NX-2000 or the small one NX-8000. If your are talkign about the NX-2000 you are talking about the replacement for the QC-1000 and that machine is wonderful. I have the Espire which is esentially the same machine as it and have never had any problems with it. Have had it for 2 1/2 year and love it to pieces. If you are talking about the NX-800 which I assume replaces the NX-650Q, I have heard good things about that one, but you cant go wrong with either

sumcoop 09-12-2011 04:11 AM

I love my Brothers I have 5 and a serger. I have never had trouble with any...they are from Walmart cheap to the D4000.

Babs194068 09-12-2011 04:30 AM

I have the Janome and I love it. Will be a year in October. NO problems yet.

oma8355 09-12-2011 04:34 AM

I have had my Brother Innovis 2500D for 6 years. It has been wonderful! The issues I have ever had with it have been user errors! LOL I have found Brother machines very user friendly and the instruction manual very easy to use when I went back to figure out what I was doing wrong. Also calling Brother for help was easy and they were great to deal with. I bought it from a dealer, but she retired 3 years ago sooo..... I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Brother. I had tried several other machines before I bought. I felt I got the most bang for my buck and quuality.

canuckninepatch 09-12-2011 04:43 AM

Are you using Janome bobbins? I tried using cheap bobbins (turned out they had little plastic tags sticking out and weren't perfectly smooth like the Janome bobbins are). Small thing - big difference!!!

gardnergal970 09-12-2011 04:53 AM

I thought my machine, a Brother 6000, had died until I tried different thread. Nothing I tried...cleaning the fuzz, re-threading the machine...and then I changed the brand of thread. It was almost like magic. I won't use anything but Aurifil from now on. Maybe all your machine needs is s better quality thread. It's an easy solution to what could get to be a very expensive problem!

themary 09-12-2011 04:58 AM

I am not real happy with any of the Janome machines, however my daughter has two and really really likes them.

eimay 09-12-2011 05:10 AM

Be sure you are using only Janome bobbins. Some bobbins on the market say they can be used in the Janome. They can't. Janome's bobbin works off a "floating magnet". The "universal" bobbins can be off just a smidge, but cause problems. Also if you do not have your thread firmly in the take up eye, you may have a problem. Also be sure your bobbin is in the correct direction (The thread should form the letter P before you put it in). Hope this helps.

Rettie V. Grama 09-12-2011 05:10 AM

I have had 3 Brother Machines in the last 20 years. I have never bought an expensive machine. I just use them until they don't fit my fancy anymore. Go buy another Brother (upgraded somewhat) Now I have 2. Used both at the same time, then got the bright idea of tryig a Kenmore as they had a machine on sale that had olots of embroidery patterns. Mistake! It broke in 6 months. Costs more to have it repaired than it cost in the beginning. So, now I have just my little Quilting Brother. It works like a charm and does an excellent job on everytthing I try. Soon, I will upgrade it to the next level.

nabobw 09-12-2011 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by sherry mcd
The bobbins don't stay solidly in place like they should. They sort of bounce up and down. I do get the Error messages often. Then I remove the throat plate and clean the lint out. A real pain. I may have "new machine fever" because I also have "new car fever". Thanks.

Take it back to the dealer as this should not happen, I have a 7700 and do not have a problem with it. But if I did I know my dealer would fix it.