Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Jenny Doan is a hoot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/jenny-doan-hoot-t264976.html)

Bluebonnets 05-08-2015 08:17 PM

I did get to see her and bought a signed copy of their Mod Block Magazine at Quiltcon in Austin but I didn't get to meet her because she was going to lunch. She seemed like such a nice lady. Her staff was sweet and very helpful too.

jfowles 05-08-2015 10:03 PM

What a class act.

jeank 05-09-2015 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 7190463)
she looks like a fun person. great to know that, but I doubt we'll cross paths. Did meet Judy Niemeyer at a guild meeting.

I always thought that too, then I read online that two quilt shops in my area were bringing her trunk show in, of course I purchased a ticket. So maybe something like that will happen to you too.

mirish2 05-09-2015 03:37 AM

I agree that El Burns is a class act as well. I have seen her 7 or 8 times. I think Jenny is joining El as a forward thinking designer.

twinkie 05-09-2015 03:38 AM

Quilters are the warmest people. No pun intended.

coopah 05-09-2015 04:16 AM

I've been in two workshops with Eleanor and enjoy the way she welcomes everyone, makes them feel welcome, and gets them involved quickly. She helps people learn in such a fun way.
Then there's Jenny. She is also such a delight. I've never met her, but just seeing her YouTubes and seeing that she has a sense of humor is endearing. The customer service is amazing! I'd ordered a particular product and the gal on the telephone searched through my past orders until she was able to find what I needed and send more.
So it's all about humor, getting people involved, and customer service. Win-win-win!!

meanmom 05-09-2015 04:32 AM

I saw Jenny last year at a quilt show. SHe was awesome. Very nice, answered all questions etc. Her show was informative and very entertaining. I saw her second show of the day when I am sure she was probably tired. I saw her walking around later in the day and she seemed to have time for everyone.

quilterpurpledog 05-09-2015 04:45 AM

I have met Eleanor Burns on a couple of occasions and would like to meet Jenny and Bonnie. I think these three in particular have made the idea, "I can quilt", come alive for many people. I had Eleanor's log cabin book when it first come out in the 70's and made one. I have made a number of things from tutorials from Jenny and I love Bonnie Hunter's ideas. I would love to go to one of her workshops. We have other nationally known teachers who do wonderful things but lack that special warm exuberance. I am thankful for all of them.

GailG 05-09-2015 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7190322)
Eleanor Burns is the Queen of Quilting. She is so super nice and big smile for EVERYONE, even if you are #150 in line you get the same warm hug as #1. Jenny Doan shows the same warmth as Eleanor. Bonnie Hunter is another warm and happy to see everyone type.

I can add Alex Anderson to that list, although it's been many years since I have seen her. Kaye Woods, too! I suppose it's as they say, "Quilters are nice people!"

thrums 05-09-2015 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by jeank (Post 7190566)
I always thought that too, then I read online that two quilt shops in my area were bringing her trunk show in, of course I purchased a ticket. So maybe something like that will happen to you too.

Which MI quilt shops? I'd love to see it.