Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Jenny Doan is a hoot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/jenny-doan-hoot-t264976.html)

thrums 05-09-2015 05:37 AM

She and her family have worked hard to earn it!

Does anyone know the best month to visit her shop to get a chance to meet her?

misschris 05-09-2015 06:19 AM

My sister and I visited Hamilton last summer. Jenny was wonderful. We chatted with her inside and had our picture taken with her Later she and her daughter were sitting outside taking a break and my sister and I sat and chatted with her like we were old friends. We were so impressed. We ran into her at Nancy's Notions as she was coming in and my sister said "hi Jenny" and she was just charming. What a wonderful engaging woman and such a great family. Makes me want to move to Hamilton and get some of that simple life that we so miss in our world. My sister met Eleanor Burns also many years ago and she says the same of her.

briskgo 05-09-2015 06:28 AM

she sure comes off like that on her videos, what fun, I'd love it if she was anywhere in the west coast

wildyard 05-09-2015 08:58 AM

I think one reason quilting is again becoming such a popular activity is having such gracious and charming representatives out there. I will probably never meet them in person, but I get that same good feeling when I see them on TV or in videos. We are blessed to have so many wonderful teachers in quilting. And many of them, equally warm and generous, will never become known on mass media. Fortunately we have them right here on the QB to help us as we move through our quilting passion.

Maire 05-09-2015 02:04 PM

She was in our area last year, I love her!

mjkgquilt 05-09-2015 05:54 PM

Jeank, please post the names of the quilt shops.

canuckninepatch 05-10-2015 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by mirish2 (Post 7189849)
I saw Jenny Doan, yesterday at Nancy's Notions Sewing Weekend. She and her husband did one of the presentations. She is so funny and gracious.swallowedllowed all photos and signed anything that people asked her to.

I'M going on a Quilting cruise January 2016 with my sisters and Jenny Doan is one of the two Quilting instructors.....just can't wait!

Jecreed 05-10-2015 03:57 AM

I found myself sitting next to Eleanor Burns in the airport after Road to California. You know she must have been exhausted and was looking for some quiet alone time. But, she was warm, open, and inviting. She welcomed pictures with my little quilting group. Very nice woman!

mumzer 05-10-2015 07:01 AM

LOL I like anyone who makes quilting fun and shows you each step along the way. I also like the gourmet quilter. That is where I learned quilt as you go. You can use this idea with so many blocks and your not fighting with a large quilt on a small machine.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all.

squires1042 05-10-2015 08:54 AM

I get to go a class with non ie hunter next week, looking forward to getting to meet and learn.