Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Joann's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/joanns-t35126.html)

Rose Marie 01-26-2010 08:30 AM

Oh no, I loved collecting thier fats.

HeatherQuilts 01-26-2010 08:39 AM

Here's the deal: :-)
The supplier they had before had issues with the sizes of the F4's. A lot of them were smaller than 18x22. So, they are getting rid of whatever F4's are left (that's why they were 99 cents for so long) They are getting a new supplier, and most Jo-Ann's should have a new stock of F4's sometime in February.
Not to worry everyone! The F4's will return to Jo'Ann's!! :-)

CrystalKicks 01-26-2010 08:41 AM

Ours is getting a new supplier....they have been out for a few weeks...and do not have a particular delivery date but will be getting them soon.

DollyRose 01-26-2010 09:21 AM

I've been shopping for material at other locations, not Joann's. I've found that the FQs they do have are not the same quality as their bolt fabrics and I could never find bolt fabrics to go with the FQs. I did go into a remodeled Joann's in Boise the other day and was not impressed with their quilt fabric selection. AND this store has the Viking section :-P and the gal that was there was really a hag, not nice at all :twisted: so I left, empty handed...

TexasGurl 01-26-2010 09:40 AM

I had the same question a week or 2 ago when I noticed they had just disappeared from our store - the Mgr. said they will be stocking all new as they'd had problems with miscuts & short sizes

I told her I hoped they'll stock more to match fabrics on the shelf too ... she didn't know about that ?

cindy lou 01-26-2010 10:05 AM

I work at Jo-anns and thats wrong we are getting new ones we got some in last week

butterflywing 01-26-2010 10:42 AM

btw, i was looking for brown kona yesterday on sale, and there is definitely a difference in quality. it has a much looser weave and when you hold it up you can see right through it. my nearest lqs is a distance away, but their kona is a much better quality with more weight and tighter weave. another example of a good brand making some of their fabric to joann's specifications to meet a price point. that's why joann's can sell it for $3.99 with coupon.

littlehud 01-31-2010 10:05 PM

I still buy some fat quarters but most of the time I buy yardage.

Gramof6 01-31-2010 11:55 PM

HeatherQuilts I asked at a couple of JoAnns & I got the same answer. So give it a few weeks & I think the Fats will return.

Alu_Rathbone 02-01-2010 05:07 AM

I was just at our Joann's yesterday, and they did not have any fat quarters unless it was cut by them and in those little bundles that they sell or in a Quilt kit.

The manager said that at ours they are getting ready to remodel. Which they are looking for help and I applied... So maybe they will get more after they are done remodeling (at mine at least).