Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Juki Help (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/juki-help-t92279.html)

cindygale 01-21-2011 07:43 PM

love my juki also. have sewed may quilts on it. don't use it for quilting as i have a long arm. does like oil but i keep it clean and oiled often. everytime i my bobbin runs out i clean it real good with a small paint brush..works like a charm...i paid more than
the on sale price that shows $699..i also have made several denem quilts and it sews right thru with no problem. :thumbup:

cassie69emt 01-22-2011 04:28 PM

just my input be VERY AWARE where your fingers shirt or other things are when sewing so you do NOT sew them . at 1000spm it is opps did I say that I really meant would be easy to do

Jypsea 02-08-2011 02:26 PM

Hi, just registered here because I just bought the Juki F600 based on all the customer love out there about this machine, but I've had nothing but problems. I eventually isolated a major problem to the thread binding up behind the silver plate at thread guide point #1. I've been warned not to let anyone else work on it as it may void the warranty. I've had this machine for 6 days now and have logged more hours on the internet and phone trying to get the issue resolved to no avail. Last resort--I called Juki America Corporate HQ in FL which led me to the wholesaler that shipped the machine to me. As of this moment, I'm waiting for a return phone call from one of their mechanics. I've got my fingers crossed that I've turned the corner on getting this machine's kinks worked out. The wholesaler promised they stand behind the product and will make this right.

Where I bought from, Sewing Machine Outlet in Louisiana, may be a bigger problem than the thread binding up. SMO is an internet store front (for the Jukis), not an authorized dealer so he has no resources to assist me. To me, he sounded rushed and annoyed that I called more than once to get help for the problem, and did not offer anything more than~
"You're threading the machine wrong. There's no way your machine is doing what you're saying it's doing except that you're threading it wrong. Trust me, I've been doing this for 35 years."

Not once did he advise me that he was not an authorized dealer so neither he nor any of his staff ever been trained on this machine and did not have the resources to assist me. Not once. Nor did he offer to put me in touch (or call himself) the wholesaler to ask them to assist me. I don't have anything against being an internet store front, it's a legitimate business model. But you still have a responsibility to go to great lengths to make a deal right. If you can't help, say so. Better yet...buy from an authorized dealer. Then this is a non-issue.

I still believe Juki is a good company and these are good machines. There's too much customer positivity out there for it not to be. I would just encourage anyone to not only research the machine prior to purchasing...but also do some research on the outfit you're considering buying from. Although, even the authorized wholesaler couldn't answer the simple question would I void the warranty if I take it to a local Babylock dealer and let him look at it.

Thanks for letting me sound off and be warned.