Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Juki TL2010Q (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/juki-tl2010q-t289665.html)

SusieQOH 07-16-2017 06:40 AM

Thanks, Ruby2- I will as well. Just ordered it!! :)

greaterexp 07-17-2017 07:33 AM

I had mine only briefly, but absolutely loved it! Heavy duty, even stitching, no tension issues.

crowmel 07-17-2017 07:37 AM

I did exactly what ruby2shoes did. About a year ago I moved and sold the juki thinking that I would only use the Bernina. After setting up my new sewing space, I missed the Juki 2010Q so much I bought another one. Can't live without it!

sewbizgirl 07-17-2017 10:11 AM

I have one and love it. I have quilted many quilts on it, using the walking foot that came with it, with no problems. I love the speed control for fmq, and for zooming down long straight seams, and I love the thread cutter feature where you can just rock back on the foot control and cut the threads. So handy! This machine has allowed me to piece and sew FAST. It doesn't like a linty bobbin area, tho. If you don't keep it clean down there, it becomes impossible to keep the tension right and make nice stitches. I have a good little brush that cleans out the lint, and I use fat pipe cleaners to poke down into the feed dog area to remove lint there. Every few bobbins you need to unscrew the faceplace and remove the foot, and clean well between the feed dogs. It makes a huge difference in stitch quality.

Macybaby 07-17-2017 11:03 AM

I have one and love it for piecing. I've never tried quilting on it as I have a HandiQuilter Fusion. The number one thing I consider it great for is machine binding. I can line up with the inner edge of the left toe and get a super nice, narrow topstitch for sewing the binding on to the front.

I especially love the knee bar for the presser foot, but I don't think that would come into play with FMQ.

Innov8R 07-17-2017 04:35 PM

I love mine. It is a workhorse that never fails.

lots2do 07-17-2017 05:09 PM

So it sounds like this is a viable choice for machine quilting. Would it be a good machine to learn on? I won't ever have room for a long arm but would like a good, sensible option for quilting.

SusieQOH 07-19-2017 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by lots2do (Post 7865732)
So it sounds like this is a viable choice for machine quilting. Would it be a good machine to learn on? I won't ever have room for a long arm but would like a good, sensible option for quilting.

I think so. I'm really enjoying it and I'm a beginner FMQ- I've always quilted by hand. This is one great machine! I'm really glad I bought it.

SusieQOH 07-19-2017 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by ruby2shoes (Post 7864604)
Hi SusieQOH I have just done what you are thinking about. I own a Bernina 710 and have just purchased/unboxed a JukiTL2010Q to use specifically for the quilting. I like the 710 for piecing but haven't been super thrilled with it for quilting, even with the BSR so decided to buy the Juki on its report of being a real workhorse and excellent for quilting and fmq. I've had some trouble with the Juki walking foot which has stalled my first attempt at quilting but after going onto the facebook group for this machine yesterday, I have found other people with the same problem...it seems a different walking foot is suggested. In general though, people seem very pleased with the machine despite this hiccup. Whilst waiting to resolve the walking foot issue I am going to spend the next week doing some piecing with it as I have yet to do any real sewing on it. (Only unboxed it a few days ago) I'll keep you posted how it all pans out.

I've used the FMQ foot but not the walking foot yet. Yes, I also love my Bernina but this Juki is nicer for quilting. I'm having fun with it!!! :) Keep me posted.

lots2do 07-21-2017 06:25 PM

I'm going to a large Quilt Show next week so I'll have to see if there's a demo one to try out. Thanks.