Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Just bought an acuquilt go... yikes!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-bought-acuquilt-go-yikes-t170209.html)

brushandthimble 11-30-2011 04:53 PM

I have only used mine once or twice to cut 2.5 inch strips. I also have the drunkard path 7", and the rose of sharon. Want to add 5" square next. The 12 inch block mix and match someone mentioned sounds like a good one to invest in.

jojosnana 11-30-2011 04:56 PM

Have fun with your new tool! I don't have one so I guess I have to remain this color green for a while

Grandma Cindy 11-30-2011 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 4735509)
I have had mine for almost a year now and I have accumulated many of the dies........they really do save time in cutting and if you plan correctly you lose very little fabric.....worth the time and effort it saves and the accuracy cannot be beat. There are several yahoo groups for die cutters-one of which also is a dealer with VERY GOOD discount....check it out....and have fun!!!!!

Can you be more explicite regarding the name of the Yahoo group with the dealer as a member?

brookemarie19 11-30-2011 06:22 PM

I'm so glad you started this topic. I looked through craigslist and found an accucut for a steal and figured that would be a nice way to see if I would even like an accuquilt without dropping too much money. I hope you enjoy yours!

BSKTLOFR-QUILTER 11-30-2011 06:54 PM

Congrats. I'm envious but so happy for you. One of these days......... hopefully. But I've got so many other needs right now as far as my sewing supplies. Enjoy it. I'm all for anything that will help with the cutting accuracy.

arbed31 11-30-2011 07:25 PM

I love my AccuQuilt Go! I have several of the dies, and love the way the fabrics line up to sew--especially the tumbler. Have fun with it.

sew1096 11-30-2011 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 4732720)
I think you got a great value! I paid over $1000 for my Go and all the dies when it first was available to buy about 4 years ago. I don't regret it one bit. I saved that much in not having fabric waste. I sewed my scraps together and re cut using different shape dies. I have all the dies except a few baby shape applique ones.

I love my GO too. I never thought of sewing the scraps together to re-use! You are so smart. Thanks for the tip.

lheizen 11-30-2011 08:37 PM

I really love mine:)

QuilterToo 11-30-2011 08:38 PM

You turn the strips the opposite way, align them and cut them again. Voila! Some 1 1/2" squares!

SoBuzy 11-30-2011 10:17 PM

This must be the time to get brave and purchase as I just ordered a Studio Bread and butter set!??? Can't wait to try it out but I'm really nervous about it?!? Thanks for posting this as I have learned a few tips but sure didn't understand the comment on the mat?!? Hope instructions are simple and easy?!?