Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Letting go of my stash (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/letting-go-my-stash-t106400.html)

seamstome 03-09-2011 05:28 PM

Is that someday impeded by the fact that you cant get to your sewing machine??? Then that someday may never come. You may want to still collect fabric or you may want to release some of it. Either way if it hard to get to your sewing machine and you are making this part of your NY resolutions, then you know your answer.

sewingsuz 03-09-2011 05:29 PM

I am glad you decided/ Suzanne, I am soexcited to see.

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill

Originally Posted by scb
I have arranged, rearranged, made NY resolutions to de-stash the sewing room and so far I have only been able to consider getting rid of 1 fabric. Is there such a thing as Fabric Hoarders?

I know its time because it is hard to even get close to my sewing machines. But I keep thinking someday I will use this to make ..............

I know how you feel, I keep watching people letting go and de-stashing and thought I couldn't stand to part with even a scrap! However, I finally took a small step and sold some books and magazines, as well as a bit of fabric. It was fun and feels so good! I love knowing another quilter here on this board is benefiting from them. You should start with just a few items, price them low enough to make it a bargain for someone to buy (remember postage too) - many members here aren't able to nip over to their LQS and buy what they want, but can part with a little money for a good deal that you probably won't use anyway. Remember, these items are probably NOT going to be used by you, and the money you make can buy you some NEW fabric and/or patterns-or a tool you've been wanting! It is SO liberating to let go with some, I can't wait till I do it again!

sewingsuz 03-09-2011 05:30 PM

With the price going so high, we will be glad to have our stash. in the last year it has gone up 160 percent.

scb 03-09-2011 05:31 PM

I can't offer anything yet as I'm new to the board. Guess as I go through my stash I'll set the things I know I won't use aside. I'm one of those quilters that believes the more the better because what would happen if I didn't have enough to finish the project.

scb 03-09-2011 05:36 PM

Love your Avatar too. I have 2 others that go sailing with us. All in life jackets, sitting looking over the gunnel getting their pictures taken from other boaters. They are our crew..... :lol:

Lori Peercy 03-09-2011 05:37 PM

I am a new quilter 6 months and do not have a big stash I would be interested in ANY fabric someone would like to let go of. I have WAAAAY to much room around my sewing machine!

scb 03-09-2011 05:39 PM

I have been working diligently, wrapping, marking, and even listed some books on Amazon, with good results. My DH has even been running to the post office to send my treasures off. So it's coming along a little at a time.

scb 03-09-2011 05:41 PM

:shock: Room in you sewing room, you are a new quilter. Rest assured that won't last long. I think the key is I think the key is keeping on top, because as soon as you let you guard down, I swear it multiplies. :)

scb 03-09-2011 05:42 PM

:shock: Room in you sewing room, you are a new quilter. Rest assured that won't last long. I think the key is I think the key is keeping on top, because as soon as you let you guard down, I swear it multiplies. :)

Lori Peercy 03-09-2011 05:43 PM

LOL

Originally Posted by scb