Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Letting go of my stash (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/letting-go-my-stash-t106400.html)

scb 03-09-2011 05:45 PM

Love your Avatar, They are so adorable. I have 3 dogs asnd 1 cat who thinks she's a dog. They all know the sewing room is off limits.

rexie 03-09-2011 06:51 PM

I would hang on to it, too. Might pay for your retirement someday or at least get close to putting gas in your tank.

sueisallaboutquilts 03-09-2011 07:04 PM

I agree with VanutaJill- Last fall I was so overwhelmed with tons of fabric I really couldn't do anything.
I probably gifted 2 large garbage bags full and I felt fantastic knowing it would go to someone who could really enjoy it, as I knew I wouldn't use it.
I don't buy as much as I used to but still have plenty!
It really is very liberating to let go and now I have room to be creative!
I also donated a bunch of books to the library- I rarely buy books anymore b/c of this board and all the websites ! :D

raggedyann 03-09-2011 07:44 PM

definitely let go of anything that doesn't speak to you anymore...make room for more or just make room!!! :)

CarrieAnne 03-09-2011 07:47 PM

Youre just normal!!!!!!!!!

Pattyjo7686 03-09-2011 08:56 PM

I just got a lot of box's I could lift and packed up my room and moved the room I wanted into the rest of the house moved the furniture and shelfs into the room first then the box's. then put the old office-sewing room together. Then focused on my new room. It was a big project Now I need a bigger room but my mom lives with us and she has the bigger room so untill then I will be happy to keep this room and her for now.
Happy packing take the basement. WOW what room you will have.

scb 03-10-2011 06:16 PM

There is 1900 sq ft down stairs that is not being utilized, includes a bedroom w/fire place and full bath and laundry room. This is actually as four bedroom home w/3 full baths, and I don't even have a guest room. Our bedroom, sewing room (2nd bedroom, and office (in third bedroom). So I will be busy cleaning out that basement and moving the sewing room down there, and making the sewing room into a guest bedroom. I refuse to give up my office....

scb 03-10-2011 06:17 PM

LOL what ever normal is.

Pattyjo7686 03-10-2011 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by scb
There is 1900 sq ft down stairs that is not being utilized, includes a bedroom w/fire place and full bath and laundry room. This is actually as four bedroom home w/3 full baths, and I don't even have a guest room. Our bedroom, sewing room (2nd bedroom, and office (in third bedroom). So I will be busy cleaning out that basement and moving the sewing room down there, and making the sewing room into a guest bedroom. I refuse to give up my office....

Now that is what I'm talking about..You take over that space. Now that is a sewing craft room. Lovein it.