Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lighting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lighting-t66623.html)

burnsk 09-25-2010 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnmom
I am looking at the lighting on Joann's website and can't decide which would be better, the Naturalight or the Ottlight. Anyone have any of these? What are your thoughts?

I have never seen a Naturalight so can't comment on that. I have an Ottlight and I really like it and the way it shows true colors.

quiltnmom 09-25-2010 07:30 PM

I believe it is an overwhelming majority that all love their ott light.

Babs194068 09-26-2010 03:31 AM

I have an Ottlight which was a gift. I love the soft light it puts out.

costumegirl 09-26-2010 04:39 AM

I have the tall stand up Ott with the magnifier and really like it - use it all the time but the only problem that I have with it is that it will tip over fairly easily. I have to be very careful when I move it and on how I position it so that it doesn't topple over.

nhweaver 09-26-2010 04:45 AM

I have an ott light which I love, but just got a verilux optix at Tuesday Morning and it is much much better. Has 3 settings too!!! Brighter for these old eyes.
My sewing room was in a dark attic bedroom eave with little light from the dormer, my dh had a solatube put in last week, and now I need sunglasses (ha ha) when I sew. what a difference.

mar32428 09-26-2010 05:16 AM

Me too and love 'em.

OmaForFour 09-26-2010 05:47 AM

I have two Ott lights but I also put natural light bulbs in my ceiling lights and lamps. The natural light is good for you anyway in the winter when you don't get out a lot. I also have a nice bright light on my featherweight which is extremely helpful when I am working on the machine.

BarbS 09-26-2010 05:58 AM

When we were travelling this summer I stopped in a Lowe's store looking for an Ott-Lite Floor Lamp. I met a very helpful gentleman there who suggested to me that I didn't need to buy a lamp all I needed was to the the Ott-lite "bulbs".....they now make bulbs that look like regular light bulbs (they have the regular screw in base) but provide full spectrum lighting. I bought a half dozen of these bulbs...I think they were about $5.00 each and I put them in my regular lamps!! They are wonderful!! So I took the couple of hundred $$ I saved and bought some more fabric!! LOL

Jan in VA 09-26-2010 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by sewgull
Tuesday Morning had Ott lights last week very cheap

Please note, for a while there were Ott lights with full spectrum and those (cheaper) without on the market. Take 2 swatches of the same fabric to the store to compare under different lighting systems to be sure you're getting what you think you are.

Been there, done that.
Jan in VA

pieces 09-26-2010 06:35 AM

I have the OTT light, suppose to be the best for quilters (crafts)
Last week they had them on sale 50% off, hope they still are.