Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lil' Twister (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lil-twister-t62308.html)

plainpat 09-25-2010 10:09 AM

Your black sqs are on the edges, so black border would be against them.Maybe a pretty gold? or Xmas green?

gale 09-25-2010 12:16 PM

Since you have the least number of gold colored on the outside I would use a gold color or if you have any fabric that isn't the same as any outside squares. The border fabric should be the border on the finished piece (the border around the pinwheels like the dotted gold on justme2's quilt).

Suzy 09-26-2010 02:43 PM

For your border, try to use a color that isn't in your top row or bottom row or the outsides cause you may find the twister that blends with those rows more or less blends into the border. does that make sense? My camera isn't working or I would post a picture. they are lots of fun to do.

Suzy

mimiknoxtaylor 09-28-2010 04:17 AM

there's a picture posted of the Lil' Twister tool on the 1st page of this thread. It's the small one. Later I was at the Dollar store & found an acrylic base with the little rubber dots in the corners. Bought it, got home, marked it like the little tool & so now I have a larger one but haven't used it yet. $1 as opposed to 7 or 8

Originally Posted by Ms. Shawn

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor
DH & I were traveling through WI yesterday & he sat in the car while I went into a quilt shop in Ladysmith, WI on US 8. The ladies were so nice & I watched one demonstrate the Lil' Twister tool. Of course I bought one & a table runner kit. Just wanted to know has anybody else used this & how do they like it. We're in Minneapolis for the next couple of days. Can't wait to get home next week & try it out!

What is it? I have never heard of the Lil'Twister tool! :thumbup: :XD:

MM 09-28-2010 01:04 PM

Thanks for the info; I'll be looking for one myself, but ...
What is the size of the acrylic base you found?
What section of the Dollar Store?
What were they intending the acrylic be used for?

And are the markings at the same point on the larger as on the smaller-three/quarters and one inch?

mimiknoxtaylor 09-28-2010 01:26 PM

The base I found is a 6" square & on top has a round depression for a candle. It was with the candles & incense. It's clear so ---I put my purchased tool on my cutting mat, lining it up with the lines on the mat. Then I put my larger square over it & used a washable marker to mark the lines like the original.
Then I took just the new square & using a straight edge & a Sharpie I make the darker lines. Looks like the original just larger. But I haven't tried it yet but after using the small one it should work just on a larger scale

MM 09-28-2010 02:54 PM

Thanks so much. I'll be hitting the Dollar store asap.

Margaret

Dar-midlife 09-30-2010 02:55 PM

[quote=mimiknoxtaylor]there's a picture posted of the Lil' Twister tool on the 1st page of this thread. It's the small one. Later I was at the Dollar store & found an acrylic base with the little rubber dots in the corners. Bought it, got home, marked it like the little tool & so now I have a larger one but haven't used it yet. $1 as opposed to 7 or 8

What a good idea!! One can find some real treasures a a dollar store!!

Marvel 01-31-2011 08:46 PM

Delightfull. Thank You for all the info. Marvel

hulahoop1 01-31-2011 11:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For a little variation, I took those leftover squares and incorporated them into one of the inner borders.....

Tessellating Pinwheels
[ATTACH=CONFIG]165275[/ATTACH]