Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lil' Twister (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lil-twister-t62308.html)

mimiknoxtaylor 08-31-2010 04:41 AM

DH & I were traveling through WI yesterday & he sat in the car while I went into a quilt shop in Ladysmith, WI on US 8. The ladies were so nice & I watched one demonstrate the Lil' Twister tool. Of course I bought one & a table runner kit. Just wanted to know has anybody else used this & how do they like it. We're in Minneapolis for the next couple of days. Can't wait to get home next week & try it out!

Mariposa 08-31-2010 05:04 AM

What does this tool do?

mimiknoxtaylor 08-31-2010 05:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The cover sheet says, "No more templates, No more tracing, No more slipping, no more frustration... Only fun! When demonstrated the lady had sewn 16 - 5" squares together with 3" border all around then used this tool to cut squares, she twisted one square, then she sewed them together. She made it look too easy with neat results

Lil' Twister 1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108056[/ATTACH]

Lil' Twister 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108057[/ATTACH]

laughingquilter 08-31-2010 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor
DH & I were traveling through WI yesterday & he sat in the car while I went into a quilt shop in Ladysmith, WI on US 8. The ladies were so nice & I watched one demonstrate the Lil' Twister tool. Of course I bought one & a table runner kit. Just wanted to know has anybody else used this & how do they like it. We're in Minneapolis for the next couple of days. Can't wait to get home next week & try it out!

I have both the small one and the larger one (you use a layer cake size square). I love them! The quilts go together so quickly, the points end up perfect! The pattern ends up looking like it had to be done with templates.....I call it "low effort, high compliment" quilting. Good luck with it. Enjoy!

kay carlson 08-31-2010 06:09 AM

mimiknowtaylor, I went to the same quilt shop in Ladysmith, WI this past May enroute home from Minneapolis. You'll have so much fun using this tool. Actually, I purchased the template and prepackaged tablerunner kit in red, white, and blue. The colors they selected for the kit and the tool made the project fun and fast. Love that shop!

lynnie 08-31-2010 06:10 AM

oh.... i want one!!!!!

sueisallaboutquilts 08-31-2010 08:08 AM

That's EXACTLY what I've been looking for!!!!!!!
Thanks so much!!
I want to do one in batiks.

MinnieKat 08-31-2010 08:39 AM

Isn't there a lot of wasted fabric?

grammy Dwynn 08-31-2010 09:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have both rulers and the booklet. I made two toppers and they are EASY!

There is not much waste, about 2.25" - 2.50" squares, when you cut out the 'twisters', then you have some on the outer boarder, IMHO that would be no different that when your making flying geese method of square onto the rectangle. I jokingly refer to goose p**p!

here are the one that I have made SO FAR . . . more to come :wink: :thumbup:

Xmas table topper twister
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108097[/ATTACH]

Picnic twister
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108098[/ATTACH]

sueisallaboutquilts 08-31-2010 09:10 AM

Dwynn, they are wonderful!!!!!!!! Now I can't wait to get the ruler :D:D