Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lil' Twister (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lil-twister-t62308.html)

Quilting Di 08-31-2010 04:45 PM

Yep! That's my avatar! So much fun to do. Can't wait to try a 10" block.

mimiknoxtaylor 09-01-2010 03:27 AM

If I would have known I would have begged a pit stop! I did get him to take me to HF yesterday evening on the way to our son's house. Picked up the rotary carpet cutter, the last 2 packs of blades they had & 2 of the magnetic wrist bands. Would have loved to "shop" more but again he was in the car.

Originally Posted by QuiltingQueen

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor
DH & I were traveling through WI yesterday & he sat in the car while I went into a quilt shop in Ladysmith, WI on US 8. The ladies were so nice & I watched one demonstrate the Lil' Twister tool. Of course I bought one & a table runner kit. Just wanted to know has anybody else used this & how do they like it. We're in Minneapolis for the next couple of days. Can't wait to get home next week & try it out!

You missed my LQS in St Croix Falls :( and I was working too
:( :(! They have several nice shops in Minneapolis... enjoy your time in the midwest!

hulahoop1 09-01-2010 04:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by gale
I have the big twister. I can't wait to try it but I'm askeered because of the bias edges. I'm planning to do the original layout in a checkerboard type pattern.

Don't be. I've made several quilts using a pattern very similar and they go together beautifully!

the old one 09-02-2010 04:10 AM

Last year I bought the gadget and a book at a quilt show--have really enjoyed both. Go and have fun, piecefull, the old one

2ursula 09-02-2010 05:58 AM

It is quite simple to make one (or two or three) using the template plastic. I used two sheets (hiding the lines between two sheets) and put some sandpaper dots underneath. It works just like the real thing and costs very little.

Leezer 09-02-2010 05:59 AM

I have made runners and wall hangings with this tool. All are great but the two color ones I made are the best. Using black and a bright color will make it look the the pinwheels are floating.

featherweight 09-02-2010 06:01 AM

That looks like it would be so much fun. If you are like me I have to have all the new gadgets... I tell my quilting friends that the one that dies with the most, wins.

Carol in WI 09-02-2010 07:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes! I bought one in Superior Wi a few months ago and love it. I've made some table runners and here is a picture of a carrying bag I made for my granddaughter to match her "Off to College Quilt".

AnitaSt 09-02-2010 07:53 AM

I'm so glad to see this and the quilts everyone has made. My LQS is having a demo of the ruler on a weekend I can't attend....so this board is my demo! Thanks....I gotta order one.

pojo 09-02-2010 08:05 AM

which one did you get
I went to the website and it lists different ones.

that would be unique to try it out.