Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lil' Twister (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lil-twister-t62308.html)

Leezer 09-02-2010 09:45 AM

I got them both. The larger one uses layer cake squares but the smaller one makes nice runners and wall hangings.

marymm 09-02-2010 01:06 PM

looks like a fun quilt....might make some quicky table runners for christmas...I'll have to look for tool here!

sewangel 09-02-2010 02:34 PM

I have used this tool also and it is great. You can make a full size quilt, tablerunner or table topper.

aborning 09-02-2010 03:46 PM

I have this and I love it. I have the 10# template and have made 2 baby quilts using just nine 10" blocks to start with (3 blocks across and 3 blocks down). When it is all done, it ends up being a perfect smaller size for a baby quilt. Now I am in the process of doing 4 bigger qults (using seven 10" blocks across adn nine down) for my teenage neices for Xmas in bright color shades of green, blue, red and yellow/gold. They are such fun and vibrant colors for the teenagers. I have had no problems sewing them back together on the bias. This is a fun and quick pattern to acomplish--I believe even a beginner can do it----oh that would be me! --I've only been quilting about two years and I work full time and have two teenage daughters so I really don't have much time to quilt! Have fun with your "Twister".

Dee 09-02-2010 05:51 PM

I'll have to look into this tool. Sure looks like it would be easier to use.

nwm50 09-02-2010 05:55 PM

want one....missouri star quilt has this on sale TODAY @ 12.95?
with $5 ship charge...passed it up but it looks so cool! Oops, my bad...it was the binding tool on sale! Sorry...but i would love to try this tool.

sosewcrazy 09-02-2010 06:28 PM

Bought one at a quilt show. Haven't had time to use it yet, but can't wait!

kat112000 09-02-2010 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn
I have both rulers and the booklet. I made two toppers and they are EASY!

There is not much waste, about 2.25" - 2.50" squares, when you cut out the 'twisters', then you have some on the outer boarder, IMHO that would be no different that when your making flying geese method of square onto the rectangle. I jokingly refer to goose p**p!

here are the one that I have made SO FAR . . . more to come :wink: :thumbup:

I love your quilts and this pattern!!!!

quilterjeri 09-02-2010 06:49 PM

I made a couple of these quilts several years ago from a book called "Square Dance" by Martha Thompson (1995). Had to make my own templates and draw them on the sewn squares, then cut them out with scissors. The book had pattens for up to 6" squares. It really was fun to make! I didn't realize there were new templates available, but may decide to look for some now.

zz-pd 09-03-2010 12:41 AM

I don't have many quilting tools, but if it makes cutting easyer, then I will put that on my wish list. God bless.