Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Love Of Quilting???$$$ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/love-quilting-%24%24%24-t208222.html)

lfstamper 12-12-2012 03:22 PM

I too quit subscribing....It just seemed like another collection that I did not need. I buy a magazine at the store when I see one I really want.

schwanton 12-12-2012 06:34 PM

I got one too! I could not believe it! I tossed it in the can. I decided to pull it out and write a letter complaining about their prices but hubby dumped coffee grinds on it. Needless to say I am not renewing.

mouseface 12-12-2012 07:31 PM

i got one of those renewal and its a scam fons and porter had a notice one time on their web site i would let it go and get the notice from them

puppy 12-13-2012 04:45 AM

it a scam..theres a notice on the site and facebook too..i believe

damaquilts 12-13-2012 05:13 AM

I let all but one of my magazine subscriptions lapse. I use to get 3 or 4 until I realized I just wasn't using them and didn't enjoy even reading them anymore. I kept Quilting Arts since it actually has new things in it.Not just strip or rectangle or squares cut from the flavor of the month fabric.

quiltqueen61 12-13-2012 05:15 AM

I cancelled all my quilting magazine subscriptions....if I want one I can always pick it up on the news stand or get a pattern from one of my quilting friends...I mean, how many do we need????

judi wess 12-13-2012 05:52 AM

Run, I repeat, run to the nearest trash can and pitch this one in it. You can buy it at the news stand for a lot less.

quilting in my60s 12-13-2012 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 5713890)
The website says $16.97/year.

I just looked at all the quilting magazines available through Amazon. Patchwork and Quilting is $86 forr 1 year/12 issues! I've never seen that magazine and I'm betting I never will.

Is that American Patchwork and quilting magazine? My mom usually gets a 2 year subscription for me for about $32 for 2 years? My Love of Quilting had a special offer of $15 for one year. I only subscribe if a magazine can give me a "great" deal as they cost about $6.99 at the store.

Caswews 12-13-2012 08:00 AM

Well I guess the magazines will be on reserve at the Library .. wow!! I am letting all my subscriptions go (lost my job- long story!LOL)and am going to the library to get books. SO I told DH all the magazines will have to do without my monies and I will get them from the Library.

TexasGurl 12-13-2012 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by laurilli (Post 5713807)
I just got a renewal notice for Love Of Quilting. I have been letting go of most of my subscriptions (money is tight & getting tighter) but this is ridiculous!! $77.91 for 1 year (6 issues) or $155.82 for 2 years (12 issues). I hope this is a typo because this comes out to $12.98 an issue! Is this crazy or what? Has anyone else gotten this offer or am I the only lucky one? Just curious.

Something's NOT RIGHT with that notice ! It has to be one of the sub. service scams. Throw it in the TRASH !!
I got a renewal offer from F&P (after letting my sub. expire) and it was much less than that. It was for 2 years, for about $34 I think ... not a bad $ but I don't think I'll renew ... too many mag, too many patterns all look the same ...