Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Love Of Quilting???$$$ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/love-quilting-%24%24%24-t208222.html)

TexasGurl 12-13-2012 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Tropical (Post 5714003)
I just checked online Fons and Porter. They have one full year for $16.97 plus $4.00 S&H. If you pay online you recieve 12 quilting guides free. The advertisement goes on to state the price of the two year subscription. You might want to check it out. :):):)

GOOD LUCK getting the 12 Free guides !! ... I only got the promised Freebies ONCE from F&P, several other times I renewed, I had to call or email and they FINALLY sent them ... months later. Plus the mess with that "free" CD they sent out and then try to BILL you for !!
Another reason I won't renew with them again ...

cpfrog 12-13-2012 08:12 AM

This quilting board is MY "Love of Quilting"... I get all I want or need from these wonderful fellow quilters. Why would anyone pay for this content and contact??

I'd surely pass on that subscription renewal no matter what price (unless it's FREE).

TexasGurl 12-13-2012 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04 (Post 5715171)
Seems a bit much. Anyone notice this about Love of Quilting? They are always sealed in a plastic bag at the newsstand so you can't pick it up and leaf through it to see if you want to buy it. So I don't - it really steams me!

That IS annoying ... but nothing says you can't gently open the silly bag and look through the mag ... just saying ...

GrannieAnnie 12-13-2012 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by laurilli (Post 5713807)
I just got a renewal notice for Love Of Quilting. I have been letting go of most of my subscriptions (money is tight & getting tighter) but this is ridiculous!! $77.91 for 1 year (6 issues) or $155.82 for 2 years (12 issues). I hope this is a typo because this comes out to $12.98 an issue! Is this crazy or what? Has anyone else gotten this offer or am I the only lucky one? Just curious.

BOGUS! Some sort of scam.

marytp 12-13-2012 09:16 AM

That's crazy! But some mags are 7$ a book!

GammaLou 12-13-2012 09:18 AM

There is someone sending renewal notices for sewing/quilting magazines at terrible prices. These are scams....tear up and toss!! Valid offers will come with the costs that you expect.

crafty pat 12-13-2012 09:55 AM

It is a scam. I just got mine renewed through 2014 for thirty something dollars. The notice came from the Fon's and Porter Magazine.

Threadedneedle 12-13-2012 10:07 AM

I got that one too. If you look at in very closely, you will see it is an offer not a renewal. Toss it, it is junk!!!!

glenda5253 12-13-2012 10:59 AM

This sounds fishy to me. Are your sure it's truly from Love of Quilting?

nstitches4u 12-13-2012 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by laurilli (Post 5713807)
I just got a renewal notice for Love Of Quilting. I have been letting go of most of my subscriptions (money is tight & getting tighter) but this is ridiculous!! $77.91 for 1 year (6 issues) or $155.82 for 2 years (12 issues). I hope this is a typo because this comes out to $12.98 an issue! Is this crazy or what? Has anyone else gotten this offer or am I the only lucky one? Just curious.

I don't think that is from Fons and Porter. There are a lot of magazine scams. I get several "invoices" for my "subscription renewal" every month. They come from several "magazine subscription billing services". I order all my magazines directly from the publisher and the only bills I pay are the ones they send me. Several of my magazines have posted notices on the subscription page saying not to pay invoices from magazine billing subscription services because they have no connection to the actual magazine publishers. My Love of Quilting renewal was $20.97 for 1 year when I renewed last May. I would just shred that renewal form and ignore anything that doesn't come directly from Fons and Porter.