Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Machine cover (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/machine-cover-t62648.html)

np3 09-02-2010 02:20 PM

Love the shoe! I made a new cover for my sewing machine. I took a long time to decide on the pattern and the fabric. A month after I made it, I bought a new machine, and of course it doesn't fit. And the fabric is discontinued.

kim_s 09-02-2010 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
Here's the one I made for my machine. I just measured the height, width, and length of the machine, the width across the top, and the length from the bottom of one side, across the top and the length down the other side. Then I drafted my own pattern on some brown paper. For each piece I cut out the fabric, batting, and lining (pink check), put them together, did some FMQ, and then sewed with wrong sides together. Then sewed some bias binding on all seams. Easy-peasey :!:

That's very cute and it doesn't sound too difficult. Think I will give it a go this weekend. Thanks!

vivientan 09-03-2010 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by granny_59
I made one for my embroidery machine by sewing first a cover out of cheap muslin. Ajusted and resewing until it fited, then cut it apart and so I had a pattern.
Granny

This is such a cute and cheerful pattern in your sewing room!

I actually signed up for a sewing machine cover class in my LQS. With all your wonderful ideas, I think I can give that class a miss! :-)

DeniseP 09-03-2010 07:05 AM

I love your cover, granny, so much nicer than the old tablecloth that covers my embroidery machine.

Ada Shiela 09-03-2010 03:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello Granny
Love your machine cover, it's cute
Here is mine, made in two parts for Brother Innov-is 4000D recently made from bag pattern
I made original cover and underskirt, then found that the embroidery unit caught up the with skirt when attached because of the height difference on bench, so made another piece and herringbone stitched two skirt pieces together, cross-hatched in wrong direction of add-on piece :roll:

Ada Shiela 09-03-2010 03:29 PM

Love your fabric Barb, at first I thought it was liquorice allsorts :D

reader 0129 09-03-2010 03:35 PM

That is one of the cutest things I have ever seen!!!!

sue in OH

quilter711 09-03-2010 04:18 PM

I hope one day I will be as talented as these two people! Amazing talented people on this quilting board.

Quilter711

Ada Shiela 09-03-2010 04:46 PM

Hello Quilter 711, love your avatar of pussycat playing the accordian - not sure which two people you're talking about but I'm sure your comments are appreciated - we all had to learn at the beginning and practise will make perfect (almost, we hope) one day - please keep going and show us your work

kuntryquilter 09-04-2010 03:55 AM

I really like this. It sort of looks like 'Old Mother Hubbard's Shoe'

Originally Posted by granny_59
I made one for my embroidery machine by sewing first a cover out of cheap muslin. Ajusted and resewing until it fited, then cut it apart and so I had a pattern.
Granny