Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Making the ugliest quilt ever! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/making-ugliest-quilt-ever-t174375.html)

valleyquiltermo 01-05-2012 11:23 AM

Oh I buy ugly fabric every chance I get and my sewing friend gives me ugly fabric that she gets for free from her friends g-mas stash when they pass on and she gives it to me. Then she is surprised when it turns into a lovely quilt.
It's like the ugly duckling that turns into a beautiful Swan.

petlover 01-05-2012 11:37 AM

I'll bet it isn't as ugly as you thing it is when you get it done. Even if it is, your hubby will think it is the best since you made it for him. Post pictures now or when you get done. We would like to see your "ugly" quilt.

Podunk Princess 01-05-2012 11:43 AM

Great idea...can't wait to see how it turns out.

charismah 01-05-2012 12:37 PM

Well Sometimes the one we think are ugly get used the most and are loved the most....I look back now at some of the things I put together years ago..I thought they were so pretty..LOL now all I can do it laugh about it.

QuilterMomma 01-05-2012 02:05 PM

You go girl. Just think when done he will enjoy because you made it and you get to go fabric shopping again!!!!!!

DeAnne-Mn. 01-05-2012 04:06 PM

+I am moving in a few weeks and have been inspired by your use of flannel. I won't have to find boxes for the flannel if i use it up for Ugly quilts and I know my grown Grand-daugthers will be thrilled. Thank you.

cathyvv 01-05-2012 04:12 PM

Kids have a way of seeing beauty where we see none. And if he loved peanut butter and jelly, it was the perfect quilt for him!

God bless you for helping these kids!

KathyKat 01-05-2012 05:53 PM

I want to see it when it's finished. I bet it will look much nicer than you think. An aunt of my first husband gave my daughter many years ago a quilt she made from double knit scraps...as in the fabric leisure suits were made from. It had the ugliest combination of colors I've ever seen and my daughter loved it! We thought it was indestructible but it got burned when a friends car caught on fire. No one was hurt in the fire but she lost her transistor radio and that quilt.

Annaquilts 01-05-2012 05:56 PM

That is such a sweet story. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by deedum (Post 4840350)
Sometimes the ugliest quilt is the one that gets used the most. I know, I have "junk yard dog" quilt, a quilt I bought 20 some years ago, pea green and red and that is the pretty colors. Junk yard dog signs plastered without, but it is the warmest thing and so used over the years. For the last few years it has been missing til I found it in the trunk of my 30 yr old son's car, shocked I said there is where junk yard dog is. He stated, he loves that quilt and takes it everywhere", he and his family moved to Tx along with junk yard dog. It is the ugliest but warm and loved and now well used.

great aunt jacqui 01-05-2012 06:06 PM

just remember each quilt is filled with love. it does not matter how it looks. It will do the job of keeping your DH warm.