Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Messy Sewing Room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/messy-sewing-room-t141848.html)

wraez 08-02-2011 05:23 PM

My house on the other hand is not cluttered or messy ... just my 'art / quilt studio'.

CherryPie 08-02-2011 06:07 PM

My sewing room is a corner in my only guest bedroom. I try to keep it manageable if I were to have company, that it wouldn't take me long to get it where it should be. The only thing is I can't do any sewing while they're in there. :thumbdown: I'm by no means a neatnik but I do like to have some organization. Sometimes that's hard to do when you're in the middle of a project.

BarbaraSue 08-02-2011 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
i'm the opposite.

i can't create in a room thats too nice.

i see some rooms on here that look like a decorator put it together.

i would be too afraid of making a mess and ruining the nice furniture/etc.

i paint, screen print, dye, etc fabric all the time i can't be worried about ruining my pretty things in the process.

i need to work without inhibitions.

ditto:)

BobbiSue2009 08-02-2011 06:36 PM

<y area where I do my cutting and trimming is the messiest part of my sewing room. My assistant makes a big to-do that I don't pick up the scraps immediately. Can't live like that. Once the day is finished I pick up and clean everything... why pick u p a dozen times a day when it can be cleaned in the evening and be ready for the next days work...

sewing4224 08-02-2011 07:11 PM

I clean up after each project,it seems as if I do not clean up,then I will not back to the sewing room to do anything.

TeesMeema 08-02-2011 07:17 PM

I'm like Ellen Burns when I work :o)! I cut and throw the snips and useless trims over my shoulder on to the floor. At the end of my work session I sweep up because I cannot bear to see it all and want my sewing room ready for the next time I get in there to work :thumbup:

kerrym38 08-02-2011 07:35 PM

I'm OK if it's a little messy - in fact, my mantra is that one can't create if the room is too clean. ;) But if it gets beyond messy to a pig sty, then it's a problem because I end up having to move stuff to cut or trim, find things, etc. I just cleaned mine on Sunday. My machine had gone in for cleaning, so I figured it was a good time to make my room a nice clean space to bring my machine home to. Only problem when I clean my room is that at first I can't find things.

quiltinggrandmabeth 08-02-2011 07:41 PM

I told my DH today that I need more shelves--the room is a disaster but I have too much "stuff" to organize it! I have taken to sewing in our living room, so now sometimes it's also a mess. Every time I have to clear the living room , I pile it in the sewing room and add to the problem--vicious circle. I hope to find time to clean it up soon.

GrannyHanaDa 08-02-2011 08:23 PM

I can't create in a mess.
I clean as I go.

749janet 08-02-2011 08:23 PM

I have a very nice size sewing room, part of which is sectioned off for the grandkid's play area. How can I expect my grandkids to keep their play area picked up if grandma doesn't do the same? Having a designated place for everything is the main thing! I also like to have things picked up by the end of the day.