Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   For Mimisharon and Husband (Sharon don't peek) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/mimisharon-husband-sharon-dont-peek-t3770.html)

Minda 01-05-2008 03:57 PM

DonnaRae,
I didn't realize that you were having surgery but I'm so glad everything is fine.

DonnaRae 01-05-2008 04:37 PM

Minda, I had the surgery right before Christmas. I was a kind of quiet about it, Wasn't sure how things were going to turn out. Christmas and New Years was recuperating time. Thanks for thinking of me and Norah thank you too!

barnbum 01-05-2008 05:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine's done!! The fabric marker I had was way too fine to work, so I bought others today at Wal-Mart--and it was much better. I even found a blue one!! :D

This was fun to make. Now I need her address.

I don't know Sharon, but she sounds like a most wonderful person.

PS--the picture doesn't do it justice at all--the dark blue has tiny precious rosebuds.

BDor 01-06-2008 12:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine's ready to mail.

ccbear66 01-06-2008 02:48 PM

Everyone's blocks look so great. I'm sure that she is going to charish this quilt for many many years.

live2teach 01-06-2008 03:10 PM

I thought I had posted before, but apparently I hadn't. Count me in! I'll get started tonight! :)

middysmom 01-06-2008 04:43 PM

i am new where do you sent the blocks or money to i really don't know anyone here that well but have been in the same position that she is if you would let me know i would appreciate thanks dorothy from tenn my thoughts are with her

PamH 01-06-2008 05:50 PM

I finished my block but since I don't have a digital camera, I will post it when I finish my roll of film.
Thanks again Wendy for getting this started. Not only a good and thoughtful gift for Sharon and Roy, it gave me a chance to do a block I had never done before.
Thanks again

Pam

quiltmaker101 01-07-2008 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaRae
Sharon, sorry I did not get to you sooner. I myself just went through breast surgery so did not know if I would be up to it, but I am fine fine fine, so I will do a block this comming week and get it to you. I too hope you can get enough blocks. If we make more then one should we sign just the one or both? And Hi everyone, hope you all had wonderful holidays!

Here's my thoughts on that:

I think if anyone is making two blocks (cause we need MORE!!!) and you simply signed the first block, you could right a simple message, a quote, bible verse etc on the second. Or leave it blank if you wish.

Thanks to all who have already contributed! Keep them coming (to Sharon and Roy.)

Wendy

Diamonds 01-07-2008 12:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay... I ran into a problem.. I have not been back to this thread since the beginning.. It said blue and white blocks.. I did not have the white so my block is in blue.. I have seen how everyone has signed them but I do not think I should.. I was just going to leave it blank.. Do you think this one is okay to send or should I get some white and make another?