Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Missing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/missing-t192276.html)

JudeWill 06-21-2012 07:12 AM

I feel your pain. I have done this more times than I like to admit. I am currently missing the first two blocks of a BOM I started getting. When I received the 3rd one, I was going to put it with the other two. I will if I can ever find them! Glad I wasn't planning on doing it them any time soon. It is nice to read that everyone does this at some time or other. But I must say the missing glasses is just weird.

bglock1 06-21-2012 07:17 AM

I, too, lose things. I looked everywhere for my rotary cutter which I knew I had. I even remember exactly where I put it, but it was no where to be found. When I broke down and bought another I opened my sewing drawer and there were two old rotary cutters and my one new one! So I guess my gremlins brought back one of mine and one of someone else's!

teacherbailey 06-21-2012 08:10 AM

This happens with me and seam rippers. Thank goodness they are cheap, but I don't know how many I've bought through the years.

Morag 06-21-2012 08:28 AM

Had a BOM quilt too. I decided to finish but lo and behold block #11 was missing.....searched and finally gave up and created a block of my own from scraps from the other blocks......looks good but where in the world is that missing block ???

Stitchit123 06-21-2012 09:08 AM

Well I can tell you where all those 'missing' things are-Theres an island out in the Bermuda Triangle and its made out of all those missing things and all the stuff we put in a safe places we never find again.For the life of me I can't understand WHY this island doesn't show up on radar-sonar or even on satellite imaging. It has to be as big as the United States by now...

Grace MooreLinker 06-21-2012 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by sassey (Post 5303109)
my mother placed her eye glassess on and end table in the house then went to her bedroom to take a nap. when she got up her glassess were gone. We searched everywhere for them and didnt find themm. When we cleaned her house out after her death we still did not find her glassess

My Mom lost her dentures in the hospital by laying them on her bed tray???/
I think the waste basket get things like that ,???

CAS49OR 06-21-2012 09:58 AM

Reminds me of when I was in a foster home and my cigarettes disappeared out of the garage. I suspected my foster-brothers, since they really disliked my smoking. They put gun powder in my ashtray once.

Anyhow, the pack was found in the potato patch the next Spring. I think our collie took them and buried them!

marla 06-21-2012 10:33 AM

They are at my house under the sofa with the other UFO's

darlene37 06-21-2012 10:41 AM

When this happens to me which seems to be more often than I care to admit I just say a little fairy comes in and moves it. I hope I catch her sometime. I need a lot of my things back. Good luck finding yours.

psthreads 06-21-2012 11:30 AM

Thanks for all the cute stories. Makes me feel a little better. Still have not found them. I am just going to move on to something else.