Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Missing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/missing-t192276.html)

mrs. fitz 06-21-2012 06:22 PM

They've gone to the land of lost socks, those that disappear when you do the laundry. Can't explain that either.

sylviak 06-21-2012 06:39 PM

Moving is very dangerous as far as losing things! We have moved a lot. One move we were getting down to the wire getting thing packed. My DH was getting last minute things out of the kitchen the morning we were leaving....don't know how that happened. The next morning, I asked DH if he had packed the little dish on the kitchen window sill with the stuff that was in it. No, he thought he had just trashed it. My wedding rings were in that dish because they always broke my fingers out (nickle allergy)! The trash we had put out had already been picked up that morning. He felt terrible, but it was my "bad". Should have packed them or put them on my other hand.

sap 06-21-2012 09:31 PM

when I have a problem like that I stand there n hallar here needle, or here sissors, or here box, here box, here box, still haven't found a single one of the, LOL.

JustAbitCrazy 06-22-2012 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sewhappytoquilt (Post 5306333)
This is too funny...I got a ziplock baggie full of pre-cut tumbler blocks in a yard sale and decided I didn't want them, so I gave mine to a quilting friend... hope you find yours :)

Oh, NO! Your tumbler blocks ended up in someone else's yard sale! Now you know. And can move on.

maryfrang 06-22-2012 02:54 AM

Everytime I lose something, I just think of something else I need to find and usually find the first think I lost. Also St Anthony is great of helping me find things, but remember you need to do him a favor too. Thing are lost at in my quilting room all the time. Just give it time and you will find it, I hope.

mjsylvstr 06-22-2012 02:59 AM

Just got back from being down south for the winter....took out all my printed PPed patterns to begin this project....
I had them all printed in Staples.....lots of them!

but for the life of me, cannot find the instructions.

looked high and low but with no success........I guess I will just have to put on the thinking cap.

anyone out there have Cindi Edgerton's little bits DIAMOND LOG CABIN instruction sheet?

nanascottie 06-22-2012 03:09 AM

wow - and i thought i was the only one who did that. nice to know i am not the only one!! :confused:

damaquilts 06-22-2012 03:37 AM

They are with my applique pressing sheet that I still cannot find. I am convinced there is an alternate universe where these things go . They can see us and they sit,beer in hand, and laugh at us while we frantically search.

Sharbank 06-22-2012 03:41 AM

My sewing tools started disappearing about two years ago. I drove myself crazy trying to figure out if I had misplaced them - seam rippers, small scissors, thimbles, spools of thread, my purple thing, pin cushions, etc. or if they were transported to another dimension. About a month ago, my two year old kitty, Erma, took a liking to my new titanium scissors. We recently replaced carpet with hardwood floors and about 2 AM I heard a thump and a drag and discovered Erma dragging my prized scissors across the floor. I watched her from my bed and found her stuffing the treasure under the heaviest piece of furniture I own. Anyway, long story short...nearly everything I had been missing from the sewing room was under that chest. So now when I can't find something small, I look under Erma's chest first. Please don't judge me because I hadn't moved that chest in about 2 yrs either. :)

Lavada 06-22-2012 04:18 AM

Things always dissappear at my house too but wonder if i will find them now that i am moving out of the house i have lived in for fifty years but darn who took my black shoe?????????????????????????????????????????????