Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Missing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/missing-t192276.html)

Bluehouse 06-22-2012 05:05 AM

Somewhere there is a sewing room with ALL the stuff in it that we are all looking for.

cindy182 06-22-2012 05:07 AM

This is too funny, I once lost my glasses, searched and search, then realized my dog ATE them. Cost me 500 in xrays, but at least I am no longer looking for them.

ksdot417 06-22-2012 05:08 AM

I lost the binding to one of my quilts. Practically tore the sewing room apart looking for it. The a few days later I sat down at my sewing table and there it was under a piece of paper. Couldn't believe it.

maviskw 06-22-2012 05:34 AM

I have found things under one piece of paper or under one layer of fabric, but I posted a story about a lost pizza box full of fabric belonging to someone else on the June 17 newsletter.
I have a few tricks for not losing things. When others walk into my sewing room, they are astounded at what seem like a mess. But mostly I can find things. I have my little thread snipping scissors on a 40 inch piece of elastic that is around my neck most of the time. I have worn that to church and to the doctor's office.
I don't buy those little round seam rippers anymore. I get the longer ones with SQUARE handles. Also, it helps to tape a plastic spoon to the handle. I've seen that in stores on their pens they don't want to lose. Some use a stem of artificial flower. I have one on the pen I use for my sudoku puzzles.
I have a mail organizer that I found free at our senior center that I "file" patterns, books, the directions for the challenge project, things I may want to do someday, etc. Everything stands on end, and so far I have always found what I was looking for in there. I also have a "tray" next to my sewing machine that catches most-used things. Mine is Tupperware! A rectangle one, about 7x10x2. Current thread, notions, pencil, presser feet, etc. land in there. After a few projects I need to put some things in their permanent place so there is room for the next load. That way things are less likely to fall onto the floor. And now I always empty my wastebasket VERY CAREFULLY. I'm sure I have lost all my old round seam rippers there.

JanieH 06-22-2012 05:45 AM

I lost some fabric for large tote bags for over a year. Finally, when I was cleaning out closets this past month, I discovered it in a bag with some other fabric. And, as usually happens once you find something, I remembered putting it in that bag when I bought it.

Ah, sweet mysteries of life - they do keep us guessing!

Tink's Mom 06-22-2012 06:16 AM

I've been searching far a 1 yard piece of hot pink fabric to use for an applique for new grandbaby's quilt...since Sunday. So for 5 days I've been looking and trying to figure out what I did with it.
I resigned myself to rebuying it today...and lo and behold...it popped up on the cutting table under another piece of fabric for the same quilt.

Doreen 06-22-2012 06:39 AM

I'm glad that I am not the only one who loses things. Makes me feel better.

sdeaaz 06-22-2012 06:51 AM

my missing item is a pattern my sister bought me when we were together in Minnesota.... ugh... I have looked everywhere.... makes me sad everytime I think of it... quilter 1234

JudyLynne 06-22-2012 08:36 AM

It's in your black hole, somewhere. That's what my sister and I call it when we can't find something.

tiptrinket 06-22-2012 10:17 AM

You know you will find them....after you get new ones cut!
I always put things where I KNOW I can find them later. Somehow, it never works out that way!
But, when I sometimes come across something later...It's a nice surprise!