Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My congratulations and support to all the people who run this Board! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-congratulations-support-all-people-who-run-board-t165013.html)

NatalieMacDonald 11-09-2011 09:15 AM

How can I say this without getting into trouble?? I have a few seniors/elderly/older people in my life and I see the struggle they have (I'm on the cusp of this group!) of understanding and changing with technology. Some of us can function well with what we know in our routines. A change like this new format may be too much, especially for those without support or community in the quilting environment. One thing I did right away after clicking everywhere to see what is what, I also went to the Live Chat where I picked up some essential features by just listening. Ask a question there and someone will get right back to you.

My Mom, who is 85, made 4 or 5 quilts this year and I just got one. I'll be posting a picture soon and it will inspire all of us to keep keeping on!

linda faye 11-09-2011 09:35 AM

Thanks to all involved in updating this board! Everyday it is getting easier to navigate and I am loving it.

Tink's Mom 11-09-2011 09:40 AM

I'm a slow learner...but sticking with it...
I see things that I like with the new system...and will keep posting until I get used to it....

judord 11-09-2011 12:00 PM

Ditto!
Judy

judord 11-09-2011 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pat75 (Post 4657072)
I am 76 years old and I mourn the loss of the old web site.The simplicity of it made me be able to enjoy it much' the new web site at my age needs a teacher along with it and as that does not exist I am ready to leave.I do not email people I do not do face book and I could enjoy the old site .They have eliminated people like me. and I am sad that that is how it goes.

I am 71 and don't see how that makes any difference in how you look at it. Are you saying that you are too old to make any adjustments and just look around and find what you want to see? That is what makes young people think that all us old folks are dotty and can't change anything. Try to be a bit more open-minded and keep trying. You will get it if you want to.

BuzzinBumble 11-09-2011 12:07 PM

Yes! A big Thank you to all of you who have been working so hard behind the scenes! Your help to all of us is invaluable! :thumbup:

franlambert 11-09-2011 12:15 PM

I agree. For the first time in years I' able to log in. Before, it never allowed me in telling me that I had the wrong password or sign in name. Now I can make comments.

QuiltedCritterLady 11-09-2011 12:30 PM

Just want to add kudos from me too. I love this board! ;)

QandE2010 11-09-2011 01:16 PM

I will throw my thanks into the mix, also. I really appreciate anyone that has anything to do with "running" this board. I also have learned many many things and I haven't been a member long, but have been a quilter for over 50 years. (I started when I was 6 months old. LOL)

Tinabug 11-09-2011 01:48 PM

My thanks to the tekkies who take care of this board. I am getting the "hang of it" now and really do like it. I thank you and appreciate the dedicated work you do.