Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My DH is THE BEST! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-dh-best-t183980.html)

ka9sdn 03-26-2012 12:18 PM

My DH is also great. He shops with me and is always "finding" frabic and saying what can you make with this! Keep yours happy!

Jan in FL 03-26-2012 01:16 PM

I am happy to see so many of us have husbands with such wonderful qualities! Where I grew up, this was not seen...men in fabric stores. Of course, my husband is not from my hometown! He is helping me with the long arm he got me for Christmas. I don't think I was quite ready for one but it was such a great deal ( he found it) he thought I needed to go ahead and get it. Now, I am a little intimidated by it. He knows more about it than I do and is easing me into using it!

GingerK 03-26-2012 02:39 PM

You are a very lucky woman. I am thankful that my DH has woodworking as a hobby and can actually relate to some of my quilting patterns. He taught me how to square up a quilt by measuring, not only the sides but the diagonals as well. He programmed out GPS with quilt shops along our vacation route a couple of years ago--but prefers to stay in the car. And he is my fabric mule. He works in the US and has my online orders shipped to his hotel and then carrys them home to me. Saves a lot in shipping.

pinkberrykay 03-26-2012 05:02 PM

KUDOS to DH!!!!

pacquilter 03-26-2012 06:23 PM

Wow! Does he have a brother?

psthreads 03-26-2012 06:40 PM

I have a wonderful husband too. He took me, with the cargo trailer, 6 hours one way, to buy about 2000 yds or fabric from one of our board members.

Grandma Peg 03-26-2012 06:45 PM

That was so sweet. Sounds like you had a great day!!!

vwquilting 03-26-2012 06:51 PM

My hubby is my soul mate too and he also quilts so we spoil each other. Thank you Sweet Jesus for my saint. and yours to.

justflyingin 03-26-2012 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by GingerK (Post 5092501)
You are a very lucky woman. I am thankful that my DH has woodworking as a hobby and can actually relate to some of my quilting patterns. He taught me how to square up a quilt by measuring, not only the sides but the diagonals as well. He programmed out GPS with quilt shops along our vacation route a couple of years ago--but prefers to stay in the car. And he is my fabric mule. He works in the US and has my online orders shipped to his hotel and then carrys them home to me. Saves a lot in shipping.

That is wonderful...he's DOES save you a lot in shipping and fabric costs! Great job on training him! :)

orangeroom 03-27-2012 01:38 AM

What a sweetie you have! Sounds like a keeper! We just bought a new car yesterday and my dh stated (when he looked in the trunk) "You can fit a lot of fabric in that." Also (when we were test driving) "This will give you a smooth ride when driving on all those shop hops!" He's a funny, realistic man!