Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My dog peed on my fabric.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-dog-peed-my-fabric-t139887.html)

Marilyn Philips 07-25-2011 01:30 PM

Jackson is so adorable I would forgive him anything.

Katts 14 07-25-2011 01:40 PM

I guess that's how he thought to get his self a quilt he's just so cute you must not be to upset is he laying in a basket of stash!!!

iowabelle 07-25-2011 02:25 PM

That's awful... but he's such a cute little dog. Yeah, I'd wash all the fabric before cutting it b/c of shrinkage.

shawnemily 07-25-2011 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by watson's mom

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Baby diapers got washed and were used again. (Back in the day - - - )

Urine from cats and dogs will come out of washable fabric.

Annoying, but really - it isn't the end of the world.

Amen and thank you!

Exactly! My babies are part of my family. Accidents happen. I would NEVER think of getting rid of them because of an accident!

Nancy O. 07-25-2011 02:41 PM

Oh, I feel so bad for you. But, that cute little face is saying "I didn't do it". Hopefully that is the only thing he has peed on.

katesnanna 07-25-2011 02:58 PM

A good example of why animals should never be allowed near your sewing area. Sorry to all the pet owners, I mean no offense.

patimint 07-25-2011 03:02 PM

But he is so cute...... I know how it smells (well not ironed) My little 14 yr old pom has suddenly decided it is easier to pee on the floor, any floor with carpet, than bother to go outside. I even got her a litter box, which she does use, but continues to pee on the rugs. Can't tell you how many times I have shampooed them. Oh well, when I get old, I supose I will pee on the floor too.

sherriequilts 07-25-2011 03:23 PM

Heart breaking. Been there. Yuk! Oh, and wash your yardage before cutting it. Your strips will shrink and that will be another heartbreak. All the best.

bearisgray 07-25-2011 03:26 PM

Get the fabric washed so it doesn't smell -

Then keep your mouth shut about the fact that the dog anointed it.

Then get the rest of your fabric(s) out of the way.

You might want to check the others fabrics, too. If one got anointed, others may have, too.

barbpowers 07-25-2011 03:37 PM

It is with great enjoyment that I have read these comments.

First-- the fabric is safe. I have washed it and it lives on. Jackson is also safe. Fortunately, he doesn't do this too often. He does have and evil twin/brother (from the same litter, but 3 x as big) and it may have happened when he was visiting (he belongs to my other daughter), as Jackson may have gotten territorial. He OWNS the house.

My own dogs are female, don't lift their legs! All my dogs are rescues, and I sometimes foster. I hate to clean pee/poo, but it goes with the territory sometimes. When I leave the sewing room, I usually do close the door so they don't get in.

I love my carpet cleaner!

Jackson has made a new nest in my leftover batting.