Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My dog peed on my fabric.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-dog-peed-my-fabric-t139887.html)

kristen0112 07-25-2011 11:23 AM

Ewe! So gross. I can tell you there would be some dog drama going on at my house. Is your sewing room a room with a door? I would put a baby gate up and keep the dog out if taking the dog to the humane society is - JOKING about taking the dog to the pound :-). But the gate would keep him out of your area.

MYWR 07-25-2011 11:33 AM

I'm laughing cause I have anew puppy and she - all of about 5-6 pounds - is so energetic (??) - I worry about the cords and just about everything - there is nothing that she wil not try to get into or under or in-between - But I don't dare let her out of my sight until she can control her 'duties' a bit better - she is all of 8 weeks old !

Rosyhf 07-25-2011 11:54 AM

Here's my scoop on that. I have never had an animal pee on any of my fabrics. ...but if you have a dog who does hike and you can't break his habit, diaper him...my girlfried had this cute little band with velcro she made for her Doxie and she would put a quarter of a pad in it and slip it on him ..he could hike to his heart's content lol.....the worst my Teddy does is gather my fabric scaps when I am sorting and lays on them or gets in a basket of them if I left the basket down.

He is the only one in my sewing area. The other two stay in the other half and dare not come into Teddy's domain lol....

I do like cats but don't like how they live. They live on and in everything in the house and I couldn't bear that.

Rosyhf 07-25-2011 11:58 AM

The pee couldn't be that old could it? I would definately cut it up and soak in detergent overnight...wash and soak again and put some venigar in the rinse and hang in the sun...it should come out...I don't know about cat pee tho....

I love all animal but friends are not allowed to bring animals to my house or smoke or drink. I have enough of them...all three of them and they are trained lol.....

barbo117 07-25-2011 12:19 PM

I will trade you a bolt of fabric if you send me that precious little baby! But I can relate to your pain and frustration. We have a pug that will pee in the house in a heartbeat. We have tried everything to correct this bad habit but she will sneak off and go someplace that we don't see until a yellow spot turns up on the carpets. I bought a small carpet cleaning machine and put up a permanent gate across the hallway to the bedrooms so we have limited her access to the places she loves to "go". Can you stop her from going into your sewing room? To clean the fabric try cold water wash and a cup of baking soda.

catladyquilts 07-25-2011 12:50 PM

how awful but you can tell by those eyes he is really sorry

Stitchit123 07-25-2011 01:04 PM

looks like the poor Dear was framed :-( I have found that critter smell doesn't always go away after washing but Theres this stuff called 'Scent Away' at BassPro (hunters use it) It even gets rid of male cat spray -as a matter of fact its kept the male cats away from my steps and doors

kbs 07-25-2011 01:05 PM

I feel bad about the smell but he is so cute.

watson's mom 07-25-2011 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Baby diapers got washed and were used again. (Back in the day - - - )

Urine from cats and dogs will come out of washable fabric.

Annoying, but really - it isn't the end of the world.

Amen and thank you!

debbieoh 07-25-2011 01:26 PM

he Looks innocent to me !!!

Think I would have washed in with vinegar in the washer. alot easy then cutting and wasting so much of the fabric.