Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My dog peed on my fabric.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-dog-peed-my-fabric-t139887.html)

M'Lady Leuedaei 07-25-2011 07:17 AM

I live with 2 cats and 2 dogs. . . My discovery . . . if I buy some fleese and make mats with it and add a bit of fiberfill in it and then stuff it in an old box . . . .whaaalaaa they go for the box with the soft cushie fabric and stay out of the rest of the cotton I have. I just move those boxes around every once in a while so they have a bit of variety to their resting places. A patch of sun or a sunny window does wonders for a wondering cat or a chow chow. I haven't had problems with them peeing in my fabric now because I clean out the litter box 2 to 3 times a day. Contrary to popular belief cats as well as dogs . .pick a place they like to go and keep going back to it so if you make that place feel clean . .(like you like your bathroom) they will gravitate toward that instead of picking their own spot. . .also. . .they are temperamental and if they feel you are ignoring them they will get even . . .just a cautionary word.

pugmom 07-25-2011 07:53 AM

That is why no boy's with pee pees are allowed in my sewing area...only girls with wee wees.

wraez 07-25-2011 08:27 AM

Oh such a dear cute sweet face that little dog has, you can't be angry with him long, I'm sure.

I would guess that from now on you'll be prewashing your fabric before cutting it, just in case.

Not sure, be thinking dog pee doesn't smell as bad as cat pee ... just yucky all the same.

Roberta 07-25-2011 08:31 AM

When my DD's family was staying with us a few years ago he cat peed on my pile of brand new fabric I had just bought. She then decided to pee on my new ironing board cover, :evil:

ButtermilkMama 07-25-2011 10:22 AM

I have to agree w/ "peace and joy" No way would I put up w/ that!!! I love animals but not untrained ones in the house.

bjnicholson 07-25-2011 10:42 AM

My son had a shephard that wouldn't think of going potty in the house. But...he chewed the buttons off of every shirt that Mike left on the floor! I laughed up my sleeve on that one! I know from ancient history about the smell and the job of getting pee out of fabric (curtains anyone?) :hunf:

bearisgray 07-25-2011 10:45 AM

Baby diapers got washed and were used again. (Back in the day - - - )

Urine from cats and dogs will come out of washable fabric.

Annoying, but really - it isn't the end of the world.

skavanau 07-25-2011 11:10 AM

But he is soooooooooo cute...And the fabric can be washed....

KittyGram 07-25-2011 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by skothing
My heart goes out to you. So sorry. My daughter moved out 2 years ago at 28 yrs old. She had 2 cats that would pee any where. We demand that she keep them in her room and not roam our home. They would escape and I had to throw out several tubs of fabric. I used every thing but the smell never came out. Still finding little gifts they left. i asked the vet and he said nothing stops some cats from doing this. We are sealing the floor from all the cat stuff left in that room.

Try using vinegar on the fabric. It may take a few washings, but it should come out. In fact, the more vinegar in the water, the better. It worked on my carpet. AND... the cat hasn't peed there since.

lynn_z 07-25-2011 11:16 AM

Are you sure it's him? He looks so innocent! Maybe a cat snuck in and peed on your fabric.