Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   MY DUH MOMENT (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-duh-moment-t123528.html)

emerald46 05-16-2011 02:25 PM

Sometimes it is hard to see the forest for the trees! Reminds me of my sister's bd, I put gift in bag that had her last initial, which just happens to be the same as ours. Gorgeous bag. She gets home, calls laughing. "I thought, how cute you gave me a bag w/your initial on it. Got home and duh.... realized it is my initial too".

liese 05-16-2011 03:03 PM

How about YAK and ZOO!

IBQUILTIN 05-16-2011 03:06 PM

There is also a quail, and quince. Then there is yellow, yams, You (along with a small picture) and for Z there are zippers, zebras, For the X you don't have a bunch of choices

gunny148 05-16-2011 03:11 PM

Great thanks for sharing, not laughing at you, laughing with the rest.

liese 05-16-2011 03:19 PM

X-ray!

Parrothead 05-16-2011 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by liese
How about YAK and ZOO!

I thought of zoo this morning and took one of my animal blocks and satin stitched black bars up and down on it. A Zoo! The yak I found seems a little hard to applique. I haven't done this for over 20 years.

Parrothead 05-16-2011 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN
There is also a quail, and quince. Then there is yellow, yams, You (along with a small picture) and for Z there are zippers, zebras, For the X you don't have a bunch of choices

I have quail but not quince. I will do yellow and yarn and maybe yam. I also have a yard sale sign and a yo-yo and an egg yolk. I have zipper and zebra also zero, zig-zag and zap. For X I have xyphone, x-ray, xebec (a ship) and a funny bird that starts with an x.
It has taken a lot of time to search and I appreciate the ideas. Thank You.

isnthatodd 05-16-2011 03:31 PM

Be sure to post pictures when you are done! I can so appreciate what you are going thru. Last Friday I had to write down an ID number I have used for 11 years and all I could think of were the first 2 of 7 digits!!! Think I'm tired.

Parrothead 05-16-2011 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
Be sure to post pictures when you are done! I can so appreciate what you are going thru. Last Friday I had to write down an ID number I have used for 11 years and all I could think of were the first 2 of 7 digits!!! Think I'm tired.

One time I had to get my drivers license out to put my address on a form. And that was like 20 years ago!!!!

Parrothead 05-16-2011 03:54 PM

I am really getting an education doing this. I have eaten quince jelly but never knew what a quince was. Thanks to the internet I now know. I also found xeres which is a French wine and xyst which is a covered walk way (Roman times). I will have well education little grandbabies also. This is not a quilt, they are blocks like 6 sided cubes. No wonder the English language is so confusing!!!