Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My issue with this board (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-issue-board-t59573.html)

grandmaquilts 08-17-2010 09:15 AM

I agree with everyone. Every morning I go right to the computer and get on this board and every night I tell myself that I won't do it tomorrow. If I had a timer I probably would just shut it off anyway.

Dodee 08-17-2010 09:52 AM

I freaked out when lightning must have struck our phone company's modem unit and I couldn't get on. My family thought this was funny - yeh - so very funny.

Ritzquilts 08-17-2010 10:24 AM

Ditto to all the above...

Redhead 08-17-2010 10:47 AM

That is so true!! My to do list is getting so long that I have started writing (my list) in a notebook. I am on page three in the notebook and haven't crossed a single thing off the list. This site is the GREATEST. Everyone here is so friendly and nice. You all cheer me and keep me going.

Connie Merritt 08-17-2010 11:01 AM

Callous??????????????/, I have sore elbows, a numb bottom, a tired neck, and a painful back. Now I use a rolled towel for my arms, padded the seat, wear a neck brace (kidding), and a heating pad for my back. But will I quit, heavens no. This site is like having all of you sitting at my table and having a cup of coffee/tea and munching on sweets and talking, talking, talking. You are my neighbors, friends, teachers, strong shoulders, a crying pillow, and angels. Thank you thank you thank you. God bless.

grammypatty7 08-17-2010 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Terri C
My issue with this board is----"I"M NOT GETTING ANYTHING DONE" lol.
I'm lov'in this board but between this one and 1 other I go to I'm not getting anything done. I was reading the "UFO Challenge of the Month 2010" form and thought that is what I need to do--not happening, I'm here to much!!!! So tomorrow I'm going to TRY (you see I said try) to get control of my time on the computer--wish me luck I'm going to need it. :)

I totally agree with you. I do miss a lot on here because I just can't put the time into it as I just plain have to live life in my real world and HAVE to quilt daily and that's all there is to it. I do get a lot out of this board though and do try to allow myself an hour or so a day which does mean it is necessary to select topics of interest to me. It is a wonderful group! Enjoy and let it enhance you life while not allowing it to take it over but it is a great place to be when we need a break from life.
Patty

Aunt Doggie 08-17-2010 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76
I hear ya!!!!! But I learn so much and get so much inspiration! Of course, my "To Do" list is growing at an alarming rate!!!!!! ;-)

I agree with you!!

:?

My To Do list is up to two pages!!! :lol:

Quilt4u 08-17-2010 11:29 AM

Same here.

MS quilter 08-17-2010 11:35 AM

I have joined that club also. I want to read & interact all day, but I NEED to sew and HAVE to quilt. I enjoy the posts though.

DeniseP 08-17-2010 12:41 PM

You know what? I don't drink or smoke so I have to have some kind of addiction. Fabric and this board, is that so bad?