Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My pesty kitties and work surfaces (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-pesty-kitties-work-surfaces-t64833.html)

mzsooz 09-26-2010 06:13 AM

This morning I woke up and rolled over to see my DH with his head barely on the corner of his pillow and our cat Sid was all sprawled out on the rest of the pillow sound asleep! Now I question just whose pillow it actually is! :lol: :lol:

sewjoyce 09-26-2010 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by mzsooz
This morning I woke up and rolled over to see my DH with his head barely on the corner of his pillow and our cat Sid was all sprawled out on the rest of the pillow sound asleep! Now I question just whose pillow it actually is! :lol: :lol:

Well, there is no question here at all -- the CAT owns the pillow and lets yours DH use a little bit of it out of the kindness of its heart :lol: :lol:

QUILT4JOY 09-28-2010 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by debbie1983
Love this! I have 3 cats now(our old guy--17 1/2 years old -- recently passed away). They all love my fabric --for hiding in, a bed whatever --especailly fleece! They love to play in everything. One day I didn't shut my sewing room door. They got into my thread while I was gone. I did have probably 200 spools of thread!! Yep did have. When I got home the floor was covered with thread wrapped around everything!!

OMG Debbie. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SundarKoyal 09-28-2010 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
They are not allowed on these surfaces, but they are extremely stubborn and because there are 4 of them, they team up to rule the roost... :D

LOL!!!! My cats do the same thing. But for my small ironing board, i keep light plastic containers on it so that they will not lay on it. The rest of my stuff is put away in drawers and containers. The problem i have is my one senile old cat - when he wants attention, he will jump up onto the table and stand right in front of the sewing machine, whileeeee i am actually sewing. All 7 of my cats are rescued cats. The eldest of them all is 14 years old... i got him when he was 10 years old... so it is not like i can teach that old cat too many new tricks, or should i say... "rules". Most of the time, my cats are extremely well-behaved. Butttt, then every once in awhile... I am sure you get my drift. lollll

SueKitten1 10-03-2010 06:54 PM

Good luck. When you find out how to stop them, I think you have to patent the idea. I have two cats that I love dearly, but have the same problem.

quilterfly 10-03-2010 10:04 PM

Hasn't this been the best topic ever??? I was traumatized by cats when I was younger also. they loved my sister but always tried to scare me. Anyway, my son wanted a cat so I finally gave in & it's been one of the best experiences of my life! I love that cat! And I want more! thanks for all the lovely stories about your cats.

Betty Ruth 10-04-2010 07:00 PM

Welcome to the world of cat lovers.