Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Nancy Zieman's Column quilt. Have you made one? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/nancy-ziemans-column-quilt-have-you-made-one-t170542.html)

Central Ohio Quilter 12-01-2011 09:55 AM

Nancy Zieman's Column quilt. Have you made one?

Has anyone made a column quilt like Nancy Zieman showed on her TV show? Did you like the process? Was it as easy as it looked on the show?

It looks like so much fun to me, and not very complicated or difficult. I would love to try one. Just looking for any hints or opinions that you may have, if you have made one.

Please show pictures if you have made one!

Quiltngolfer 12-01-2011 11:06 AM

I agree. It looks like fun. It is on my bucket list for when I finish my UFO's.

KerryK 12-01-2011 11:09 AM

What channel does she come on?

Central Ohio Quilter 12-01-2011 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by KerryK (Post 4740130)
What channel does she come on?

Nancy Zieman's sewing show is on PBS.

Drue 12-01-2011 11:40 AM

We don't get any of the sewing or quilting shows anymore and I really am dissappointed....When I worked I couldn't watch them except on weekends and now that I'm retired they're no longer on! BOOHOO!

deemail 12-01-2011 04:41 PM

first, Drue...check your computer by searching for the names of the shows you like...many of them are online and can be referenced and even watch whole shows....some cost to join but many are free...the ones on DIY tv channel often can be seen for free....

susie-susie-susie 12-01-2011 04:55 PM

We don't have any here either. I don't get it with so many quilters out there. There used to be so many on years ago. I guess we have to watch them on the computer.
Sue

MOBRIDGE MOM 12-01-2011 06:56 PM

I have made several and love doing it! Money was tight this summer and couldn't afford a long armer and this was a wonderful alternative. I used polyester batting on the first one and didn't like the way that one went together but it was my first. The second one I used flannel and while I liked the way it went together better it was really heavy. The third one I used a combination flannel on front column and muslin on back column and that is the best combination for me. All of mine were at least queen size (I'm a go big or go home kind of girl!!). I'm at work or I would post pictures. Will try to do it tomorrow.

Nancy Zieman 12-02-2011 08:35 AM

Thanks for your interest in the Column Quilt design that I presented on TV. BTW, the most 52 current Sewing With Nancy shows are available online 24/7 at www.nancyzieman.com. If you missed a show or your PBS stations doesn't carry it, you can watch online.

I also did a variation of that quilt called "Quilt to Give," you can find the instructions on my blog—www.nancyzieman.com/blog. It's way to use of scraps of fabric and then give the quilt to someone in need.

Central Ohio Quilter 12-02-2011 10:20 AM

Nancy - What a treat to have you join the quilting board! Thanks so much for replying to our thread about your column quilts! I really look forward to more posts from you!

Love your show! Thanks!