Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Nancy Zieman's Column quilt. Have you made one? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/nancy-ziemans-column-quilt-have-you-made-one-t170542.html)

d.swindle 12-02-2011 06:25 PM

I almost fell out of my chair,and took a second look at the name, Nancy, watch your show every sat. morning along with my hubby.

d.swindle

Haven't made one yet

Misty & Taffy's Mom 12-02-2011 06:48 PM

How great to see Nancy on here too. I have the column quilt shows on my DVR and am looking forward to giving it a try.

tutty 12-02-2011 07:13 PM

Wow I'm so happpy !!!! Love love love your show and have your 25 best tips taped but........if and when my cable box needs replacing.....yep ......will lose it !!! But , now .......I have bookmarked your sites !!! Thank you soooooo much ! I have 4 more quilts to finish then I will begin serging (yikes) clothes !!!! I have a Bernina 2500 DCE but am thinking of selling/trading in for a Brother 1034 D to see if I will really use it enough to convince myself and husband that I need something more wonderful ! Birthday coming in May............

Jim 12-03-2011 12:00 AM

I had never seen the column quilts and we record all her shows each week..don't know how we missed it unless it hasn't aired here yet...NOW...its on my bucket list to make ...but has to wait until after Christmas..I have far too many projects for orders and gifts to finish in a limited time...I was thrilled to see that Nancy Zieman is a member of our Quilting Board ...I just spent 3 hours watching her videos..so nice to have her videos so readily available

craftiladi 12-03-2011 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy Zieman (Post 4743445)
Thanks for your interest in the Column Quilt design that I presented on TV. BTW, the most 52 current Sewing With Nancy shows are available online 24/7 at www.nancyzieman.com. If you missed a show or your PBS stations doesn't carry it, you can watch online.

I also did a variation of that quilt called "Quilt to Give," you can find the instructions on my blog—www.nancyzieman.com/blog. It's way to use of scraps of fabric and then give the quilt to someone in need.

Oh what a nice surprise...here I am just reading along thinking I remember watching that episode and how easy Nancy made it look and next thing I knew I was reading a message authored by the one & only Nancy Z. herself!!!! Wow...thanks for the early morning surprise. Ladies & Gents if you have never ordered any of Nancy's dvd's please give yourself a treat....its like having her right there in your sewing rm teaching you one on one. I can not say enough about the customer service at Nancy's either. Thanks so much for popping into our lil part of the world Nancy-Happy holidays to you!!!
dee-cedar city ut.

craftiladi 12-03-2011 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by tutty (Post 4745312)
Wow I'm so happpy !!!! Love love love your show and have your 25 best tips taped but........if and when my cable box needs replacing.....yep ......will lose it !!! But , now .......I have bookmarked your sites !!! Thank you soooooo much ! I have 4 more quilts to finish then I will begin serging (yikes) clothes !!!! I have a Bernina 2500 DCE but am thinking of selling/trading in for a Brother 1034 D to see if I will really use it enough to convince myself and husband that I need something more wonderful ! Birthday coming in May............

Tutty....I just told Santa last night that I thought I am ready for a Serger. I have Nancy's book, I have re-watched every show on serging. Lets hope we both get our wishs.
dee

craftiladi 12-03-2011 02:38 AM

Ok kids please help me out here, how do I make sure I don't lose track of this thread of messages? I used to just add it to watched topics or book mark it. Am I right in assuming if I have made a response then it automatically subscribes me to this thread?
Thanks in advance.

craftiladi 12-03-2011 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by tutty (Post 4745312)

Tutty is a good link for you on serger w/ nancy:
http://www.nancyzieman.com/blog/sewi...4-pam-mahshie/

nellie 12-03-2011 04:35 AM

nancy zieman turtioal

love watching her shows and turtioal

AUQuilter 12-03-2011 04:35 AM

Nancy's show is the only one I get here! Thanks for posting as I didn't see this one. And thanks to Nancy for posting today, too. This is a wonderful place for inspiration!