Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need help with fabric for a Bargello quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-fabric-bargello-quilt-t46394.html)

littlehud 05-19-2010 07:07 PM

I like that second layout. It should be beautiful.

LindaM 05-19-2010 07:14 PM

I like this layout, with Barb's suggested change. I'm 'reading' #8 and #9 as almost the same. I might use only one or the other, not the two side-by-side.

IrishNY 05-19-2010 07:22 PM

I think the yellows are OK but the two blues (8 & 9) seem too close in color. I would change one of them and then start - it's going to be beautiful!

tabsmonsters 05-20-2010 05:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Barb_MO

Originally Posted by tabsmonsters

Originally Posted by IrishNY

Originally Posted by mytwopals
Here's how I see them from darkest to lightest (blues to yellows):
11, 9, 8, 5, 2, 6, 3, 10, 4, 1, 7.

I think I would agree. Is it possible to put them in this order and then take a picture to post so we could see it? (Don't you love this board? It's like having a thousand quilting buddies over to the house but you don't have to clean and you can invite them any time you're ready, even the middle of the night!) :-D :-D

I can do that! I am loving this site more and more! So many are willing to help, its great!

May I make a suggestion? I think I would change to have pale yellow, darker yellow and then the two blue and yellow prints.

How about now?

2nd layout
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70493[/ATTACH]

tabsmonsters 05-20-2010 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by IrishNY
I think the yellows are OK but the two blues (8 & 9) seem too close in color. I would change one of them and then start - it's going to be beautiful!

I get what you both are saying. I guess I wll have to make another trip to the fabric store :lol:

Can you give me an idea of what to replace it with? Another yellow maybe since there are so many blues?

Barb_MO 05-20-2010 06:19 AM

#9 & 10 doesn't bother me...each fabric doesn't have to graduate in color density. The fabric that seems to need attention is #6. When you squint your eyes and look at the fabrics all together, the #6 is off color. Since it isn't an outstanding print that needs to stand out from the rest, that would be the one I would replace with a better one to blend 2 & 3 together

Barb_MO 05-20-2010 06:24 AM

tabsmonsters, I added this to the Bargello Quilts virtual section so it will be found among the other postings about bargello guilts.

tabsmonsters 05-20-2010 06:34 AM

Thanks!

quiltmom04 05-21-2010 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by tabsmonsters
Hi all! I have decided to try the tutorial for a Bargello quilt that Barb_Mo made but I really need help with my fabrics. I am just not sure how to get that sort of fading look. I hope my pictures are ok, this is my first time doing this!

Thanks so much!

I have done a lot of bargellos and I think strips 1 and 10 will not blend in anywhere. They have too much pattern and color variation. Look for fabrics that "read" more plain. And someone mentione taking a black and white photo. That would work as would taking a bit of each fabric and making a black and white copy on a copy machine. That way you only get values - not colors, and it's easier to see the gradation.

Dorothy of Kansas 05-21-2010 06:17 AM

I can't wait to see how this comes out. I love your choice of colors, too. Good luck!!! :D