Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need opinions on buying sewing machone (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-opinions-buying-sewing-machone-t160712.html)

dlf0122quilting 10-16-2011 05:17 PM

I have the Brother you are talking about and it is a great little machine, even for free motion quilting and it is light enough that they can easily pick them up and move them.

Jennifer22206 10-16-2011 05:24 PM

I have a great cheap Brother. About $80 from Amazon. It's GREAT.

Ileen 10-16-2011 06:55 PM

I have One, Target Price is Cheaper $ 151.00 I Love My Machine I have two Brothers and one Singer.

Nanda 10-16-2011 06:57 PM

Wanted to drop you this thought...go check out this web site www.sewvacdirect.com it has so many great buys... I have been quilting on a Brother XR-65 with a large quilt table attached...I have been quilting 10 years on this machine and never had a bit of trouble...I also have a small Kenmore Sewing machine Mini Ultra Blue that is small and can be used to travel for classes...but this last year I got a new Husqvarna Viking Mega Quilter with 9 inch open neck...I love this machine..has a large quilt table..makes it so nice when I work with large quilts..but the Brother XR-65 has always been good to me...I wish you both many happy quilting days ahead...everyone has there own different type of sewing machine...but when its the first one...dont spend ahold lot of money...she will grow up in stages with different machines...go check out the web site...it has good prices...

nursie76 10-16-2011 07:02 PM

I have a Brother CS-4000 that my DH got me as a back up machine. It wasn't expensive and I think it is a good little machine. It even does 7mm stitches. I think the CS-6000i is next model up, so from my experience, I think it would be a great machine for your granddaughter. When my youngest daughter was home from New Zealand last year, she did her first ever sewing on the little Brother and just loved it.

Sheila_H 10-16-2011 07:52 PM

When I first started out last year I got a Singer I didn't know if I would like quilting and now I'm an addict lol I bought it at Sears for about $170.

I just purchased the new Bernina 550 it's got a bigger work surface and free motion.

darlenedowns 10-17-2011 12:24 PM

Great Ideal on the Brother
I bought mine to take to classes so light weight
Have a Brother ULT 2001 upstairs and also love it but I seem to be using the CS-6000 more that my expensive one cause I keep the CS-6000 downstairs most of the time and use it alot
Go Figure

JeanieG 10-17-2011 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by ShirlinAZ
I think that would be a good choice. Just enough extra stitches for her to play around with when she is ready, and the price is not too high for you to keep it as a back up if she loses interest. I am happy with my Brother SQ-9000.

I have a Brother SQ-9000 as well and I use it for piecing and have quilted some table runners on it as well. Love it. I have a Babylock that I do my quilting on now, but still do all my piecing on the SQ-9000. I don't think you can beat it for the price and all it can do. I would not hesitate to purchase another Brother machine. I have not had any trouble with it in the 1 1/2 years I have owned it.

Joyce Ann 10-18-2011 07:17 AM

I have the CS-6000i and I love it. When my GD comes over this is her favorite machine. She is 11

Surfergirl 10-18-2011 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by kathy6696
I am looking to purchase a extra sewing machine so my granddaughter can have something to sew on when she is here, that way I still get to sews too! I am looking at the brother 60 stitch computerized sewing machine CS-6000i, cost $169.00 comes with quite a lot. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Spelled machine wrong in the title....lol. Can't edit that, sorry.

I have one and it is well worth the price. Check amazon.com and you might get a better price. I've seen them for $149. Also, Amazon.com offers free shipping and no sales tax.