Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   need quilt pattern using different shades of blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-quilt-pattern-using-different-shades-blue-t65745.html)

Edie 09-22-2010 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Gennynut

Originally Posted by sumcoop
Hi friends,
I am organizing my sewing room and have found I must love blue...I have a lot of blue...so I am looking for a pattern that would be pretty using varying shades of blue. I would love something fast and easy.
I like appliqué too...so tell me what ya think.
After all this organizing and I am not done...my brain is muddled.
as usual.
Thanks,
Susan

If you have dark tonals you could make a Snowflake Quilt. You would have to have some white for the flakes!

The Sampler from the Fab Shop Hop would be perfect. Actually, when I have finished what I am working on I am going to make the quilt in blue - actually, it is three shades of blue. All sampler blocks are three shades of blue. You can download each block pattern and on September 30, you can get the instructions. And they look relatively easy. Edie

steelecg 09-22-2010 03:12 AM

How about a Buggy Barn pattern?

Yankee Quilter 09-22-2010 03:43 AM

You might consider a Bento Box quilt. I have seen several made with primarily blues. A nice look.

Rettie V. Grama 09-22-2010 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by sumcoop
Hi friends,
I am organizing my sewing room and have found I must love blue...I have a lot of blue...so I am looking for a pattern that would be pretty using varying shades of blue. I would love something fast and easy.
I like appliqué too...so tell me what ya think.
After all this organizing and I am not done...my brain is muddled.
as usual.
Thanks,
Susan

I just found out I have 3 shades of blue that works well together. 3 seems to be a magic color when it comes to making a quilt. Just to be safe, I'm making a 9 patch, of 2 prints, 1 light blue, looks like ocean waves and the other Blue with tiny flowers, makes me think of the stary sky on a clear night, sashing it with a darker bright blue and where I need the little square in the sashing, will use navy blue. There are so many shades of blue, most any combination is good.

I'm going to call it "Ocean"

sumcoop 09-22-2010 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by gollytwo
LADIES - Susan asked for fast and easy

Are they fooling me gollytwo? LOL
wanted to look at your quilts but can't find pics someone referred to.

I am thinking bargello...never done one.
but like the flow of blues....would love to do a landscape but don't know where to begin.

Please keep advising.

gollytwo 09-22-2010 05:26 AM

Hi Susan
the pictures are on page one of this thread. I did not make either of them. Posted them because they were pretty easy and blue.

redpurselady 09-22-2010 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
when my granddaughter requested a new quilt and said...i really like blue grandma, i made Ashley's ocean! it did not take long, the appliques were very fun, even added crystals...the pics do not show how spectacular this quilt is...and it was my first bargello :thumbup:

ckcowl - AWESOME quilt - what a masterpiece. Where did you get the fabric for the appliques?

jolo 09-22-2010 05:49 AM

A pattern called Faceted Jewels would be perfect in assorted blues.

adyldrop 09-22-2010 06:04 AM

http://www.3dudesquilting.com/docume...on-Pattern.pdf

pretty and easy 16 patch blocks. You could totally do an applique border or an applique on top of each block....

Aquarius 09-22-2010 06:08 AM

Right now I am in the process of making the Brick pattern in various shades of blue for my oldest grandson. I had gathered a bunch of fat quarters togethered and used them. I did add just a touch of red and yellow only not the bright reds and yellows, muted colors just for a touch. I usually only make bright happy colored quilts so the blues seemed a little depressing to me. It looks better than I thought it would.